Pregnant after 35
Options

? for YaraC

I one of your post you stated you were cloth diapering fanatic.  I plan to cloth diaper and have lurked on the CD board for info.  I haven't completed my sash yet.  Could you share your favorites and tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ? for YaraC

• Options

Of course!!!

My favorites are BumGenius 4.0s and FreeTimes for day. Especially the FreeTimes, they are just awesome. I have never had any problems with any BumGenius products.

At night, I like Sustainable Babyish Snapless Multis. They are super absorbant and squishy soft. I use a wool cover or a Flip cover over it. 

I have a variety of other brands in my stash so if you have any questions about specific brands just ask.

I use PlanetWise pail liners and wet bags. I have 2 pail liners, 1 small wet dry bag and 2 hanging wet/dry bags. I have a lot because we CD at daycare and need them for transporting back and forth every day. 

I make my own CD laundry detergent from the recipe from the Eco-Friendly Family blog. 

1 cup Borax

1 cup Laundry Soda

1/2 cup OxyClean

In my HE frontloader, I run an initial warm wash with 1 tbsp detergent followed by a hot wash with extra rinse  using 2 tbsp detergent. Whenever I have time, I throw in an extra cold rinse for good measure.

I use California Baby Diaper Creme which is available at Target. I've never had leaks or had to strip my diapers.

For newborn diapering, I'm doing a Kissaluv rental from Nell's Natural Baby, and OMG they just arrived as I am typing this. So tiny and sweet. 

Sorry this is so random and not well thought out. I was just typing on the fly. If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Options

::butting in::

I second the Bum Genius. Love them! And we use Charlie's Soap to wash them https://www.soap.com/p/charlies-soap-laundry-powder-80-load-canister-46551

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't think they still made Borax, haven't seen it on the self since late 80's.

Presently I just have fitted diapers and some prefolds need to find some good covers.  I can't use wool. I'm on the fence between BumGenius and Fuzzibum for my pockets.

So with all the brands you've tried which ones don't you like?

• Options

I much prefer BumGenius to FuzziBunz.

I don't particulary like Good Mamas or Itti bitti's. Happy Heiny's and Kawaiis aren't at the top of my list either.

I also don't like Rockin' Green detergent. I used to but they changed the formula and it stopped getting things clean and made me break out. That's when I switched to homemade

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"