Northern California Babies

KOTB

What was your favorite part about being pregnant?

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born?

Re: KOTB

• What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Definitely feeling H move around. It was like we had our own little special time that no one else could share.

This time? Ask me in a very weeks when I can keep my eyes open long enough to answer you. Or don't feel like I'm going to throw up in every meeting I'm in. =)

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? My first thought was, how big is he?!?! Then, as soon as I laid eyes on him, I fell in love and thought, omg he looks exactly like my brother's newborn pictures.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • What was your favorite part about being pregnant?  With Lexi, it was how cute i thought i looked, and i slept soo good, it became my new hobby. With Orion , it was his movement. He was soo active.

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? With Lexi i was just in love , with her, with dh, with all our family there. Just remember all the love. With Orion, when i first saw him, i thought Holy Crap! Is that a toddler? He was about 2.5lbs heavier, and a inch longer than Lexi, so he just seemed huge.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Feeling the baby move around.

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? Since we were team green, most people predicted we were having a boy, so I couldn't believe my ears when I heard we had a girl. I also remember thinking I wanted the feeling in my legs to return because the numbness freaked me out.

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• What was your favorite part about being pregnant?

Being pregnant :) But besides the obvious, my DH feeling the baby kick from outside is by far my favorite memory.

Besides being so excited to learn the gender - a boy! I remember thinking how incredibly soft and warm his skin was. 

• What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Feeling the baby's movement for sure.

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? Yes - "wow, her feet are HUGE!" (still are, too). And simply being amazed that I had just given birth.

Definitely feeling her move around.  I never got tired of that, even when it got painful.  And in general, I remember being pregnant as being such an introspective, all-about-me time... I probably took better care of myself than I had in years.  Maybe ever.  Yoga, daily walks, healthy eating, loving the way I looked... I hope I'm able to enjoy it the second time around even though I'll have a 2-3 year old (hopefully).

I can't believe I'm finally done with labor.  Whoa, she's big!  Do I get to hold her?  She looks so perfect.  Seriously, I can't believe I'm finally done with labor.

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I loved feeling him move, and I was shocked that I had a little boy.  I had convinced myself he was a girl :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesecretkeeper321:

What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Definitely feeling H move around. It was like we had our own little special time that no one else could share.

This time? Ask me in a very weeks when I can keep my eyes open long enough to answer you. Or don't feel like I'm going to throw up in every meeting I'm in. =)

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? My first thought was, how big is he?!?! Then, as soon as I laid eyes on him, I fell in love and thought, omg he looks exactly like my brother's newborn pictures.

holy smokes!! did i miss your announcement? Congrats!! SO exciting!

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

• What was your favorite part about being pregnant? This is a tough one for me to answer bc honestly, I am not a very good pregnant person, or, at least, when I was pregnant with Ellie. Hopefully next time (if there is a next time) I'll be better, but really I was just an anxious ball of nerves for 40 weeks.

"ouch" it was a tough c/s - i felt a ton of tugging and pulling and stinging and burning and was concentrating on that. then i was exhausted and out of it. then i was so, so thirsty but they woldn't let me drink anything. when i was finally a bit comfortable, i just remember marveling at how big Ellie was... over 9 lbs! such a shock.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • What was your favorite part about being pregnant?  I lurv pregnant bellies, loved mine, love everyone's.  I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "here I am, the Venus of Willendorf" and very connected to the ancient sisterhood of mothers.

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? I don't think I remember clearly my thoughts about Ryan at all.  I remember his face.  I remember that they were telling me they could see his head for what seemed like an eternity before he was actually out, so I was pleasantly surprised that his head was not as enormous as I feared :)  With Aaron, I was still very much in myself when he was born, and he was on my belly for a few moments before I thought to myself "I should look at my baby now".  After that, I remember everything about every little inch of him.

When we first heard the heartbeat - it was the first time I have seen my husband cry. It was a magical moment.  

I was so worried about needing a c-section, and had a lot of fears - not being able to BF, traumatic experience for her, not bonding right away... All my fears disappeared once Addie was born. Life just felt perfect.

• imageladipale:

"ouch" it was a tough c/s - i felt a ton of tugging and pulling and stinging and burning and was concentrating on that. then i was exhausted and out of it. then i was so, so thirsty but they woldn't let me drink anything. when i was finally a bit comfortable, i just remember marveling at how big Ellie was... over 9 lbs! such a shock.

Yes, you just brought back a bunch of memories. I did NOT enjoy the actual experience. I tried yoga breaths, but just smelled my skin burning. I tried to relax, but just heard them sucking fluids out of me. Then, the doctor leaned over and said I was "doing great" with blood all over her mask. YUCK! Water sounded like the best thing on earth (aside of course from holding my perfect baby ;) and I felt like they were trying to torture me by withholding it! 

• What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Completely trusting and feeling confident in my body for the first time in my life. And of course all of the amazingness that comes along with growing a person!

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? TBD!

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What was your favorite part about being pregnant? Feeling the baby move

Do you remember clearly your first thoughts after your baby was born? Absolute relief! And awe and love and happiness. Once I was getting close to pushing up until a few hours after he was born all I clearly remember is my thoughts, what actually happened and what I remember happening are different according to others that were there :)

• I loved being PG, especially feeling the babies move :). I do not clearly remember my first thoughts after DS's delivery. I was distraught over the c/s that I had only minutes to wrap my head around. I remember I was crying and I couldn't move, not even to touch my baby. Pretty horrific memory actually. After DD was born I felt elated. I was so happy I pushed her out, I remember thinking, wow, I feel so good! I wanted to know how much she weighed and I was thinking about all her dark hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"