Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Natural Laundry - Static Solution?

I recently switched to wool dryer balls from dryer sheets and am experiencing lots of static now with my loads. I've heard vinegar in the wash may help but am curious if anyone has any suggestions. 

Re: Natural Laundry - Static Solution?

• Options
    Make sure you're not over drying your clothes, that's often what causes static.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll pay closer attention to that - My dryer has an auto shut-off when it senses that the clothes are dry, so I tend to set it and forget it. Next time, I'll try setting a shorter cycle and see how that helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take a safety pin (or two), and pin them to a piece of clothing before drying. I'm not sure why it works, but I read it somewhere and tried it, and it totally helps :)
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • Options
    Yep.  Definitely try vinegar as well as not over-drying them.  Hopefully that does the trick for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"