PCSing near end of 2nd trimester.... — The Bump
Military Families

PCSing near end of 2nd trimester....

My husband is already gone and I stayed to finish the school year. I just found out I am pregnant and I was planning to move in July or early August. I am due in September. What do I do? I will be having a C section so it's not like I can have the ARMY move us and then leave in a week with the baby,

I am a little concerned about insurance, the move, the pregnancy and the delivery among other things. Oh and MY SANITY!

Any suggestions?

Re: PCSing near end of 2nd trimester....

• why are you getting a c-section? As for your move I would move as soon as school is out. If you wait till the middle of summer you will regret trying to move in the summer heat being that far along.
    imageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimage
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    September Siggy Challenge: Teenage Crush
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP 9/22/2011 It's a boy! 1/03/2012 DS born 6/6/2012
    TTC #2 August 2014
  • NSLNSL
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Love Its

Have your H take leave (if possible) and move as soon as the school year ends.  This really isn't that hard, and the Tricare office will be able to answer healthcare-related logistics questions on Monday. 

• Loading the player...
  • image Gismo123:
    why are you getting a c-section? As for your move I would move as soon as school is out. If you wait till the middle of summer you will regret trying to move in the summer heat being that far along.

This is my 3rd baby. Had 2 C sections and this one will be as well per doctors orders. I'm not upset with the C section, after 2, I am fine with them,,,

• image NSL:

Have your H take leave (if possible) and move as soon as the school year ends.  This really isn't that hard, and the Tricare office will be able to answer healthcare-related logistics questions on Monday. 

I left out I have a 18 year old going to college as well as a 2 year old... It makes the logistics so much more difficult. As soon as she decides where she is going, I will begin planning and putting the timeline in place.

• I relocated at the end of my 3rd trimester. Try to find a OB that will take you, if you will be seen off base and carry your medical records when you travel. Visit the TriCare office on base and make sure you know how to switch TriCare regions if you need to. I only saw my Dr after I moved before I delievered. Not ideal, but do-able. I packed as much as I could the weeks before we moved and H help a lot!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Set it all up ahead of time. Call to where you're headed, find a doc, and schedule an appointment for a few days after arrival. Talk to the clinic where you're at and get them to let you hand-carry your records (they might give a fuss, but they'll let you if you are pregnant or have another good reason to need care immediately). Talk to TriCare and get the paperwork ahead of time to switch regions if needed, if not, fill out the PCM change paperwork ahead of time and submit as soon as you arrive. Definitely do-able :) Good luck!
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thank you for your suggestions. They were very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards