Health & Exercise

Spin Class while pregnant?

Good afternoon!

I am TTC Baby #1, and over the past month have started to take spin classes at my local gym. I'm really loving it! I was wondering if anyone continued to spin while pregnant? I know I'd have to tone down the intensity once I do finally get KU, but I was curious if it got to uncomfortable to continue at a certain point of the pregnancy.

Thanks in advance!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Spin Class while pregnant?

• I am at 23 weeks and have been spinning my entire pregnancy. At this point I don't break a sweat. My body physically won't let me. I have to gear way down and can't really sprint anymore. However, I love getting in a good routine and the feeling of doing some cardio. Your body will tell you what to do and you just have to listen.

For me running felt wrong and was uncomfortable from about 8 weeks on and spinning has been fine the entire time. At this point I can't bend over so I stay mostly upright. Another great benifit for me is that is doesn't hurts my back or hips. Sometimes other excersises can aggrivate this for me (which has just presented itself since I've been prego)

• I was spinning 2 years before getting pregnant and attended spin classes up until 39 weeks.  Like PP, I definitely was not exerting myself too much, but that was what was so great about spinning for me- I just listened to my body and slowed down and took off resistance whenever I felt like it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh good :) I'm hoping that some of the treatments we've been undergoing will help me get a BFP soon, and I would hate to walk away from some of the fun new classes & activities at the gym.

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Definitely keep spinning!!!  I did it up until 39 weeks as well, and I loved it.  I think it helps heal faster afterwards as well.... being active in general will help with that.  GO SPIN!!!  Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just wanted to chime in and say I have also continued to spin throughout my pregnancy until I was put on bedrest at 33 weeks. I definetly had to reduces intensity but I still got a great workout. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I spun in both my pregnancies.  I even went to spin the morning my water broke (two days before my due date)  I loved it and it totally helped with labor and delivery.  I always advice talking to your doctor but it shouldnt be a problem.  Unfortunately I have placenta previa this time around so no spin until they can check again at 28 weeks. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image Visit The Nest!
    ***Work it Mama***
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage
  • imageDonsJMUBride:
    I spun in both my pregnancies.  I even went to spin the morning my water broke (two days before my due date)  I loved it and it totally helped with labor and delivery.  I always advice talking to your doctor but it shouldnt be a problem.  Unfortunately I have placenta previa this time around so no spin until they can check again at 28 weeks. 

Oh bummer, I really hope that at 28 weeks they clear you to do something. I saw your other post as well :( I too CF and though it's great that you can still go through the motions with body weight, it is still SO frustrating.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"