Pregnant after 35

People who keep telling me...

...to have sex to get things started, clearly have never had or do not recall sex at 38 weeks pregnant.

My hips are in constant pain, I'm tired, everything down there is swollen and painful, and I have less than zero libido. I also have a 2 y/o who wakes up at 5:00 AM, so our window of opportunity is limited to the end of the day when I am beyond exhausted. 

And I may sit my giant pregnant butt on the next person who suggests that and then implies that it will be a "fun!" way to induce labor. As much fun as TTC sex? 

Anyway, vent over. More power to the ladies who still have the mojo at this late date. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: People who keep telling me...

• I'm sorry. Big hugs.

I've heard walking at Costco or WalMart can also have that effect, but if you really are in that must pain/discomfort you probably don't want to do that either.

• Yeah, I've heard there are people who dig the sexy time whilst heavily pregnant but I am not one of them. Swollen legs, sore back and aching pelvis... soooo not sexy.
  • Loading the player...
  • yah, I have suggested that in the past as it "worked" with my first child, who was late and walking didn't work.  I maybe need a reminder of the fact that the further along we are the more uncomfortable we get (I am still 26 weeks).   Sorry if I was ever one  of the people who suggested it :-(

also, as a side note, when I had a 2 year old (my second pregnancy) I wouldnt let my husband (now ex) anywhere near me for a very very long time (both during and after pregnancy)  Sometimes, Mom's forget :-)

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am SOOOO with you on this one.  I'm not even sure that I can spread my legs sufficiently for sex.  Combine that with having to get DH to do my perineal "massage" because I'm so huge that I can't find down there on my own and I have no sexiness left in me.  It doesn't help that I stepped on a scale for the first time in months on the weekend and proceeded to bawl at my weight gain.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • The thought of sex that late in the game is not for me either!
  • Right there with you, I did NOT want sexy time pretty much at all in my third tri (sorry, DH) and anticipate that I won't this time either.  Sorry you're so uncomfortable :(  But it will be over soon and you'll have your sweet LO in your arms, yay!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't really thinking of anyone on this board in particular. More my IRL friends and :shudder: co-workers. I don't even actually want the kid to come yet. I mean it wouldn't be bad if he did but I want my parents to get here first so they can watch DD. They are coming on the 4th.

For some reason, people have been assuming that I want this baby out for weeks now. That is also annoying, umm no, I don't want my child to be premature thanks.

I guess I look miserable and people are trying to be helpful?

• I'm already finding the gymnastics required to accomplish sex to be too much of a PITA now that I have this giant belly in the way.   I keep seeing all of these women on my BMB and the Tri boards who claim to still be doing it 1-2x per week, and I have to wonder how they manage!   

• imageYaraC:

I wasn't really thinking of anyone on this board in particular. More my IRL friends and :shudder: co-workers. I don't even actually want the kid to come yet. I mean it wouldn't be bad if he did but I want my parents to get here first so they can watch DD. They are coming on the 4th.

For some reason, people have been assuming that I want this baby out for weeks now. That is also annoying, umm no, I don't want my child to be premature thanks.

I guess I look miserable and people are trying to be helpful?

Co-workers?!! I shudder on your behalf.

People do have an odd way of being helpful huh?

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• I. am. SO. with. you.  My LO has been riding low and my vag has been in pain for months so bad it wakes me up when I move in my sleep.  I love DH.  I truly do.  But sex is the last thing I want. 

My hips, back, boobs, knees and feet hurt.  Sometimes my head too.  Give me a hug and tell me you'll love my stretched out abs after it's all over.  Good enough for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"