May 2011 Moms
Options

Have you introduced a "lovey" yet?

I can't remember when I introduced my DS to his loveys.  I know that separation anxiety starts around the 9 month mark so I put a small square blankie in with DD today.  She seems uninterested Cool

Any of you start with the lovey awhile ago?? How does baby like it?? 

If you haven't yet, do you have plans to use one?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have you introduced a "lovey" yet?

• Options

DD1 never had one. Well, I guess her paci, technically, was one. lol Which was good and bad. Good because we never had to worry about losing a lovey, but bad because stopping the paci was pure hell. HELL. She spent a weekend shaking like she was going through drug withdrawl. If I haven't mentioned it, that was HELL.

Since DD2 refuses to take a paci (thumb sucker), she likes a tag blanket a friend made for me. I wouldn't call it a lovey YET, but she really likes it and I think it may become a lovey.... 

Speaking of, I need to have my friend make a couple more for me in case it becomes a "can't live without item".....

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    We let h sleep with a tiny sock monkey her great grandmother gave her, but she isn't attached to it yet.  She also uses a Wubbanub pacifier sometimes, and it stays in her crib.  I guess the little caterpillar on that counts?
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Reese has had one since about 3 months. She loves this stuffed lamb. She starting sleeping with it over night a little over 6 months. Before that, we would always take it away once she fell asleep.

My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    imageLisa102304:

DD1 never had one. Well, I guess her paci, technically, was one. lol Which was good and bad. Good because we never had to worry about losing a lovey, but bad because stopping the paci was pure hell. HELL. She spent a weekend shaking like she was going through drug withdrawl. If I haven't mentioned it, that was HELL.

Since DD2 refuses to take a paci (thumb sucker), she likes a tag blanket a friend made for me. I wouldn't call it a lovey YET, but she really likes it and I think it may become a lovey.... 

Speaking of, I need to have my friend make a couple more for me in case it becomes a "can't live without item".....

I'm scared now.

DS is a thumb sucker. DD, paci addicted. HELP ME! I am planning to break it in the next few weeks before sep anxiety sets in. Any tips? She's doesn't really need it, but it works for her I guess. She doesn't need it at all to fall asleep, but just to soothe.

Also, DS has his blankie and I have multiple copies. Smart thinking.  

• Options
    I added a lovey when we sleep trained at 4 months. We unswaddled at that time as well and he began a relationship with his giraffe blanket within a week. We only keep in it his crib, and when I give it to him after I put him in his sleep sac, he smiles, rubs it on his face, and his eyes get heavy. He sucks on the corners, and at night I hear him wake up, wander about the crib until he finds giraffe, and instantly, he's back to sleep.(video monitor) I went and bought a second, and am seriously considering getting a third :)
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLisa Frank:
    imageLisa102304:

I'm scared now.

DS is a thumb sucker. DD, paci addicted. HELP ME! I am planning to break it in the next few weeks before sep anxiety sets in. Any tips? She's doesn't really need it, but it works for her I guess. She doesn't need it at all to fall asleep, but just to soothe.

Also, DS has his blankie and I have multiple copies. Smart thinking.  

I had gotten the paci down to only bedtime and then teething reared its ugly head and she LOVES to chew on the damn thing so I started letting her use it more often.  I need to slow down the use of it but I know she uses it to comfort.. and it will be that or my boobs haha

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I've tried, but no luck. He's never took the paci and is not a thumb sucker either. I kinda would like him to use a lovey and I kind of don't. I used a lovey..and I still do, it's the oddest thing to see a grown woman with a little old raggedy stuffed pig, she even came with me when I gave birth! DS is already showing signs of separation anxiety so I've tried but he just doesn't seem interested so I won't push it. I think this depends a lot on the kid, my friend's baby has had a lovey since he could grab and hold on to something and now at 10 months he freaks out if he doesn't have it.

• Options

LF ... Break the paci cold turkey. Don't wean, cut back, etc. Cold turkey is the way to go. It was so bad for just one weekend - then, it was not bad at all. But those first 2 nights were so horrible. None of us slept. We broke paci habit SO late which is why it was SO bad. Earlier you can do it, the better.

Pick a weekend with few distractions, where you can get sleepless nights and nap during day if needed. You and DH have to agree not to give in - no matter what. You both have to stay strong and NOT give the paci back in a moment of sleepless weakness! If she is having a bad night, make sure you switch off so neither of you gets too frustrated and gives in. :)

I cannot even convey how bad it was for DD1. She literally was shaking and moaning from withdrawals. it was awful. I cried right there with her. First night was HELL, second night was on the outskirts of hell, then it got better. After 4-5 nights it was pretty normal.

~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

We're working on it as part of the no-cry sleep solution.

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Yup.  At around 6-7 months we started letting her sleep with it.  She developed a mommy seperation thing, so now, i cuddle it, and cradle it and hand it to her.  She loves it.  But so far, only for the crib.
  • Options

DD has a few stuffed animal toys that she absolutely adores- a white stuffed bear and a blue stuffed doggy. When she sees me bringing one of them to her from across the room, she starts clapping her hands and squealing with delight! 

She also loves to cuddle with them in her crib.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We started with one in the crib when sleep training started a couple weeks ago. He flops it around when we put him down drowsy, but other than that, doesn't seem too "attached" to it.
  • Options

I introduced a lovey around 6 months when I was breaking the sleep association with nursing to sleep. He's not interested in the pacifier at all but he loves the lovey.   Now it's his cue to go to sleep when I give it to him.  He hugs it and chews on it's nose as he falls asleep.  

I should really invest in a few more.  When he wakes up in the middle of the night the bear's face is usually soaking wet because he has been chewing on it. 

Baby #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Grayson has slept "with" one of those small animal head blankets for a few months now.  I put "with" in quote because he rolls over onto when I put him down, but it's usually on the other side of the crib when I get him in the morning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"