Potty Training
Options

3 Day Potty Training Method?

Anyone do the 3 day Potty Training method....I was thinking about trying this with my son as I have read some good things about it but I have never talked with anyone who actually has done it.  My son will be 2 in March and loves siting on the Potty and tells me when he is wet and a couple months back he was going poop on the potty for about 2 weeks straight then stopped now he just tells me when he goes.  So I do think he is ready physically and verbally.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 3 Day Potty Training Method?

• Options

I am on day 3 and it didn't work for DS.  But I probably am not doing it right.  I'm not giving up though...just gonna continue with what we are doing and we will be home bound until he gets it. Good luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I did Lara Jensen's 3 day potty training over the MLK weekend. I followed it EXACTLY, except I didn't throw out the diapers because i had a brand new unopened pack. I did let DD throw out a couple as a ceremonial gesture LOL!

Anyway, I was 100% skeptical but determined to get her out of diapers. It was a HARROWING first day, better 2nd, and an easier 3rd. My daughter has been dry (night & day) for 8 days now. We just need to work on using the potty in public restrooms as she refuses. But I can't blame her for that as I myself, detest public bathrooms.  

So yeah, this skeptic is a believer. It is pure hell the first day as you have to stay by their side every.second.of.the.day. for 3 days. That means no cooking, cleaning, leaving the house, internet, or family/pet distractions during the entire time. 3 days. It was tough but COMPLETELY worth it. 

BTW, my daughter is 26 months and Lara suggest the earliest you try her method is 22 months.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJungleJulia:

I did Lara Jensen's 3 day potty training over the MLK weekend. I followed it EXACTLY, except I didn't throw out the diapers because i had a brand new unopened pack. I did let DD throw out a couple as a ceremonial gesture LOL!

Anyway, I was 100% skeptical but determined to get her out of diapers. It was a HARROWING first day, better 2nd, and an easier 3rd. My daughter has been dry (night & day) for 8 days now. We just need to work on using the potty in public restrooms as she refuses. But I can't blame her for that as I myself, detest public bathrooms.  

So yeah, this skeptic is a believer. It is pure hell the first day as you have to stay by their side every.second.of.the.day. for 3 days. That means no cooking, cleaning, leaving the house, internet, or family/pet distractions during the entire time. 3 days. It was tough but COMPLETELY worth it. 

BTW, my daughter is 26 months and Lara suggest the earliest you try her method is 22 months.

Thank you for this review. DD is almost 20 months so maybe I'll wait until DD turns 2 to try the 3 day method. We'll just keep trucking away like we are until then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"