Blended Families

Karl

That's DH's friend's secret name.

You know, the Billy Bob Thorton character from Slingblade? People really do talk and sound like him. It doesn't help that he has a super thick southern accent and he's getting sick.

DH is planning his return trip home.

Thank. GOD. I can't handle another Mmmmm-hmmmm. 

I'm a horrible host.

Re: Karl

• I must've missed an update. So did your H finally see the late? How soon will Karl be gone?

What a relief, I bet!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, just like DH said, friend is staying 2 weeks. 2 weeks will be Saturday. I'm not sure when he's leaving exactly, but it's in a few days and  DH did not honor my request when we discussed this some time ago, that he and any friends and family never stay more than a week. 

Karl in the grand scheme of things, isn't a bad person.  I just can't handle guests longer than this, it's a huge burden when I'm working from home and having to clean up and cook after everyone (so I'm not).  It was sounding at first right after Karl got here  that he was going to stay longer but I was either mistaken or DH had a discussion with him. Regardless - this won't happen again.

SS is still another, more serious matter. But I have a plan in the works and DD and I will not be here if DH ignores my wishes again on both his adult kids and guests.

I'd leave now until Karl is gone, but I start a new job first week of February and I have to wrap up a ton of home business work prior to that. I can't do it from my parent's.

DH and I have been talking. He knows it's getting serious with me. I haven't brought up the seperation threat. I  meet with counsel first of February, but I'm letting him know these things NEED to change.  It's our only issue.  If I can get this wrestled and not have to worry about opening my door constantly to take care of irresponsible people..things will be so much better.

• Loading the player...
  • Good,  it sounds like things are headed in the right direction at least.

• Ha!  For now. I just get tired of the struggle and constantly having to fight for the home I want for DD.  

• If you weren't so old, maybe this would be easier...

You know I'm kidding, lol.

Anyways, hopefully your H wises up before he loses big time.

• imageMarSamWhitney:
    If you weren't so old, maybe this would be easier...

Hillarious!  J+K, glad the visit is coming to end for you.  Good luck at your meeting in February, although in the end I hope you won't need any legal advice.  As a fellow planner, I think it is always good to have a plan B, C, etc.  

MarSam you have a lovely German Shepherd.  Just had to say so.  I'm obsessed with them lol.

• imagejuliettodd:
    imageMarSamWhitney:
    If you weren't so old, maybe this would be easier...

Hillarious!  J+K, glad the visit is coming to end for you.  Good luck at your meeting in February, although in the end I hope you won't need any legal advice.  As a fellow planner, I think it is always good to have a plan B, C, etc.  

MarSam you have a lovely German Shepherd.  Just had to say so.  I'm obsessed with them lol.

Thank you!!! I am too!

The funny part is that we got him from a shelter when he was 12 weeks old. HIs mother was a collie, and looked JUST like Lassie.  We expected a medium sized dog. As he grew bigger (and so did his ears!!) it was very aparent that his daddy was a GSD! lol. Now he is a 90 pound gentle giant, and I couldnt be more pleased.  I'm pretty sure he thinks my LO is his, he is awesome with her so far.

Check me, blabbing about my dog. lol. I was a dog mom first, those are my boys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"