Georgia Babies
Options

Shoes with laces

Geneva's wearing size 11 right now. Most of the tennis shoes I'm looking at for her have laces. The velcro has been nice because she can put her own shoes on. Would y'all stick with velcro or make the jump to laces. Also, how much of a hassle will it be?

I didn't learn to tie my shoes until Kindergarten and I'm not expecting her to figure it out anytime soon.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Shoes with laces

• Options
    We've had laces for about a year now and I won't lie, they are a PITA.  :)
  • Options
    If it were me, I'd stick with the convenience of velcro.  : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everett has a pair of shoes with laces and I actually like them. She can't get them off.  With the velcro ones she is constantly taking them off. 
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    VELCRO.  For the love of all that is good... stick with velcro.  Gavin has one pair of shoes with laces and they are a complete PITA. 

• Options
    velcro all the way!
  • Options

The problem I was running into was that there aren't that many choices at a size 11 with velcro!

I pulled the trigger on some purple Adidas with laces anyway. Maybe we can rig them up like we did with Keds when we were younger (hattip to Mingaling for the reminder). Make them like slip-ons?

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    H wanted a pair with laces when we went shoe shopping last weekend. I quickly put an end to it!  With A, I need her to to be able to put her shoes on and off by herself and right now velcro is what works. Plus, I can see H getting knots in the laces all.day.long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I would skip the laces. 

I like these

Pedipeds

Chuck Taylors 

New Balance velcro

New Balance bungee

• Options
    Easton wears a 10.5 and I know Geox still do velcro at that size. Not sure about 11 though!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    H wears 11.5 and I got her a pair of Saucony from Stride Rite with velcro.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imageK&P414:

I would skip the laces. 

I like these

Pedipeds

Too cute! I wish they had these in my size! Wink

• Options

If you go laces dont get the round laces.  Get flat laces.  round ones don't stay tied very well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"