Military Families

Coming for advice from TTTC

Hello. I've posted on here a few times, but mostly hang out on TTTC. I have been seeing an OB for a while now for my infertility and am trying to get a referral to a RE. I know that Tricare doesn't cover all of it, I called them and found out what civilian RE is in network and then contacted my PCM for the referral. He then told me to go through my OB for the referral. Well, its been a month and the OB still isn't getting back to me. Does anyone know what I can do or where I can go from here?

Thanks!

Married June 2007
IUD Removed Dec 2009
TTC April 2010
HX: IF workup in June '11
Me: 29, Left Tube Blocked
DH: 28, Low Sperm Count/Morph
Trying for IUI Aug, Sept, Oct '11 - no go O'ing on left
Nov - 50mg clomid, 4 follies, wrong side - BFN
Dec - 100mg Clomid - IUI#1 - BFN
Jan '12 Break Cycle and RE Consult
19Jan2012 - CD#1
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Coming for advice from TTTC

• Call the patient advocate at your MTF. The number is usually posted around the building on the walls. You can also call the main number or appointment line and ask for the number. Pretty much anyone there should be able to give you the number.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've also heard people just going in and requesting your refferel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Get it through your PCM. That's what I had to do. I made an appointment. I went in with the name, address, and phone number of who I wanted to be referred to. It was approved in 2 days.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also got my referrals through my PCM. Neither doctor had an issue with sending the referral based on my previous TTC history. 
    TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • Same here as PP, I went to my PCM and got the referral to the clinic i wanted, it was approved inside a week, and now I am excepting my first. As you can see in my siggy....

Good Luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Than you everyone! I left a message for my PCM today.
    Married June 2007
    IUD Removed Dec 2009
    TTC April 2010
    HX: IF workup in June '11
    Me: 29, Left Tube Blocked
    DH: 28, Low Sperm Count/Morph
    Trying for IUI Aug, Sept, Oct '11 - no go O'ing on left
    Nov - 50mg clomid, 4 follies, wrong side - BFN
    Dec - 100mg Clomid - IUI#1 - BFN
    Jan '12 Break Cycle and RE Consult
    19Jan2012 - CD#1
    Trying to Conceive Ticker