April 2011 Moms

First words - Does your LO say Mama yet?

DS first said Dada right before Christmas, but still no Mama! He says Dada constantly, I think it's because its the only real word that he knows and he gets such a big reaction from me and DH.

Is your little one talking yet? What words does he/she say? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic     

Re: First words - Does your LO say Mama yet?

• DS says dada all the time. Still no mama yet, not even close! He does "ba", "attt", and "ah dooooo" sounds. 
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And I just realized our babies have the same birthday :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I couldn't get her to say mama to save my life!  She just looks at me and smiles when I try.  She says dada, ah da (all done), uh (up), and daaag (dog). 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageGrace0609:
    I consider a "word" something they say with *meaning*, so no, my son is not saying any words yet.  BUT, he says "mama" and "dada" all the time... he just doesn't yet correlate it specifically with me or DH. 
    Yep this. He says it, but has no idea it is me. He also says baba, but since he gets a bottle about once a month, I know he doesn't know what that is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She says the basics like mama, dada, she also says in a baby way "whats that, more" she also uses lalala,lele, brrrrrrrrr (like she is cold) nana, nene, mo mo,.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGrace0609:
    I consider a "word" something they say with *meaning*, so no, my son is not saying any words yet.  BUT, he says "mama" and "dada" all the time... he just doesn't yet correlate it specifically with me or DH. 

This. She says mama all the time, but it is just a sound she is making at this point. 

Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • Yes, DD can say Mama and Dada.  She likes to imitate what we say or do.  I will point at me and say Mama multiple times and then she will do it.  
  • No mama yet. I can't wait to hear him say it. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Nope. She says Dada a lot, but I'm not certain she's saying it to DH... but maybe. She's the same with with "dog". Actually, she says "daw". No "g" sound. She seems to say it at the dogs, but who the heck knows. She rarely makes the "m" sounds, so no "mama". Sometimes I think I'm 'baba' to her because she says it and reaches for me when she's upset, but again, I'm certainly not writing any of this in her baby book just yet. ;)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageGrace0609:

Same here...my LO says "mama" & "dada" all the time but she isn't connecting those words to me or DH.

• DD has been saying dada since about 6 months, mama and baba about 7.5 months and ofcourse babbling randoms sounds together. She said rara and kaka the other day which was super cute. Recently she says hi but its sortof a slur and she says it when she seems someone constantly for the first 5 minutes, but thats the only word she puts together. Oh and she does mmmmmm when shes eating because i do it i guess! haha 

I havnt counted any as real words, i will see if she keep doing the Hi thing and it might count its just rrecently started, so we will see!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageGrace0609:

Yep - he yells "mama" and "dada" all the time, but he doesn't say it with meaning. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageITGurl0626:

imageGrace0609:

Same here...my LO says "mama" & "dada" all the time but she isn't connecting those words to me or DH.

This.  She is getting closer to saying "Daw" when my dog walks in the room.  But DH has been out of town all week and she 's continuing to say dada.

Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Beaker will occasionally say dada, but I don't think she's really connecting it with DH so I'm not counting it yet. Her new thing is pointing at stuff and saying "DAT!" like she's asking "what's that?" but I haven't decided if that's intentional or just coincidence yet. No mama. Not even close.
    imageimageimage
  • no mama...i was just actually saying it to him but he just clicks his tongue and says dada or tata or baba...no mama!!! i wish
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He has said Mama and Dada a few time.  I think he may have said bye today
    ~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • She says "oook" and "yaaaayyyyyyyy" and a lot of "plbbbthhhh".  I'm so proud of my little genius.
    Stephanie Hsu
  • Nathan will pick up a book and say book and say uh oh when he drops something but still will not say mama or dada...little stinker! 

• We don't have any real words from either of them, just a string of dadada's and bababa's all day long.  Since my DH is Chinese, and dad is "baba" in Chinese, he says that they're bilingual already:)
  • imageScout2005:

We have Mama, Dada and Nana. She says them to the appropriate people, and they are not part of her general babbling.

I have video proof, as my own family has questioned me.

She's working on "dog" which currently sounds like "dahhhhhhhhhhhh......gggggggg." She only says it when our dog is in the room.

We're really chatty people, I think it's rubbing off on her.

I believe it. I'm not super chatty but my DH is awesome about having all sorts of conversations with DS, which is great since he stays home with DS. As a result, DS seems to be picking up words.

He says mama and dada to the right person, nigh-nigh when he's sleepy and it's time for a nap or bedtime, he loves to share a banana with DH for breakfast every morning and identifies them as nanana on the counter. DH said they were watching a Sesame Street song on YouTube today and DS said nanana when the banana puppet came on. He also says buuh for book, bahh for ball, and recently started throwing his head back and staring at lights on the ceilings, gesturing with his hand, and saying lahh.

DH and I have both noticed these things on our own and our part-time babysitter has told DH about them as well.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • G is a huge talker, my DH says she gets it from me. Mom-ma was her first real word, and she uses it all the time. It's a blessing and a curse. This morning she started screaming it when I kissed her good bye and handed her to DH. She also says dada, graaamomma, baba ( banana), and a few other words.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • DD says mama, dada and bwabwa (bwabwa= brother), all at/to the respective people. I was floored the first time she said bwabwa and looked at her brother, but she keeps doing it, so at this point we've accepted that she means it.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • He does say many variations of Mama, he's very dramatic and it's usually MOOOOM!  I don't know for sure if he connects it to me, but I feel like he does since he'll call it especially when he wants out of his crib.  He's said dada once or twice when he's just making noise, too, but he uses Mama every day.  Since he doesn't have a Dada it also makes me think he knows who Mama is and uses that to get my attention!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"