Houston Babies

prenatal massage

Have you had one?

Worth the money?

I have two gift certificates to Massage Envy and am thinking of using one for a prenatal massage since I'll still have one for a regular massage later. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: prenatal massage

• You may want to confirm with your doc.  Typically there are only certain times in your PGcy that you can get a massage - but I can't remember which weeks/months they are?  :-/  I had one done at Massage Envy at 5? months when I was PG with DS.  It was nice b/c they have that pad they put on top with the belly hole.  The massage was marginal, but it was nice to actually lay on my stomach for a change!  lol.

ETA:  Um..when did you get to 36 weeks???  I guess I haven't been paying attention!  Not too much longer, now!!  :-)

• Yeah, I'm going to ask tomorrow.  The website doesnt say anything about it, just that they have you lay on your side if you are past a certain point.  Oh, how nice it would be to lay on my stomach.  I had just gotten back to sleeping on my stomach when I got pregnant again.  Sigh.

Maybe I should just ask my Chiropractor if I can lay on her pregnancy table for 5 minutes after my next adjustment.  :)

And yeah, 36 weeks, crazy.  I'm so anxious.  The whole 35 weeks with #1 thing is making this super hard.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Im pretty sure you are ok to have massages at the end (but ask!). You often can't have them in T1. I was having them right until the end at Massage heights, but then I had DS at 36 weeks.... All the massages were laying on my side though, but they were still nice :)

Our little boy arrived 4 weeks early! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can have them from 2nd tri on. I had one as soon as I hit the 2nd tri, LOL! It was GREAT. I actually really liked being on my sides instead of my stomach for the massage. I went to an Aveda salon.
  • imageOUKatie:
    You can have them from 2nd tri on. I had one as soon as I hit the 2nd tri, LOL! It was GREAT. I actually really liked being on my sides instead of my stomach for the massage. I went to an Aveda salon.

Did you go to the new one in Kingwood? I went for a cut and I love them.

I had to get one a week the last month of my pregnancy due to him laying on my siatic nerve and could barely walk. I would drive to Aveda training salon in The Woodlands where they were $30 per hour. So worth the drive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"