LGBT Parenting
Options

s/o working moms

My child is currently drawing on every piece of paper in my office recycling bin.  That is correct, my child is at work with me.  This is the definition of "working mom", no?  JB had a fever today that again, was just high enough that once Tylenol wears off daycare would have called me to pick her up.  And that would mean I would be out half of today and all of tomorrow.  I'm just too busy for that.  So she's locked in my office with me while I scramble to get as much done as I can before a major meltdown.

I'm so so thankful I work for a very family friendly organization. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o working moms

• Options

lol. Have fun at work with JB! I wish we had that kind of environment for days like that!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Glad you are able to bring her in with you - but i'm sure it still doesnt make for an easy work day. Hope she's feeling 100% soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ah....yes.

Bringing them to work with me does not = me working. I have brought them a couple of times when I needed to attend a meeting or tie up loose ends, but I really can't work since I can't make work calls (they will inevitable start arguing mid convesation or I am talking about things I don't want them to know about) or see clients (and they aren't old enough to hang out in my office unsupervied.) But they LOVE coming to work with me because they get to eat in the cafeteria and I always dig up a Hot Wheel or two from my drawer. :)

Hope she feels better.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So sorry she is feeling sick :( hope she feels better soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Ah yes, I have been there too. And a year and half later, E still talks about the day she got to go to work with her mom, she had so much fun and she wants to come back, ha!

I highly recommend dry erase boards for hours of entertainment in the office. E sat on the desk in my boss' office for over an hour drawing on one when she was here!

I hope she feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"