Georgia Babies
Options

Did I post this? Disney advent calendar

So I think I've mentioned on here how DH's family has these huge family reunions at Disneyworld.  Its been going on for decades.  Back in the day, their grandpa used to plan the whole thing out and make these really detailed itineraries for each kid and just really went above and beyond.  They still have these things and I'm telling you... its really impressive.  This was all pre-internet but the man would take a road atlas and actually plan out each stop along the way from Wisconsin, Indiana, and Georgia for each family.  He was amazing.  Anyway... he also made each family an Advent Calendar to count down to their Disney trip.  Since we are the new "parent" generation, we were responsible for replicating all the facets of trip planning now that Grandpa has passed away.  We decided to create a website and DH's brother handled it.  DH and I were responsible for the Advent Calendar which is the main part that is up and running now...  it's basically just a digital version of the handmade one that Grandpa used to make w/ posterboard and post-its.  I thought it was pretty cute so I just wanted to share... :-)  I'll post the itineraries when they are finished...

https://wdw5.com/category/advent-calendar/

Re: Did I post this? Disney advent calendar

• Options
    That is soooo cute!!! Can y'all adopt me???
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.Guz:
    That is soooo cute!!! Can y'all adopt me???

Believe me, his family's Disney obsession was definitely a factor in my decision to marry him Wink

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    that is so freaking awesome - i love when people get so excited about a project!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

just as an aside, i used to visit disney with my grandparents back in the 70s. recently i had a good laugh about the AAA trip-tix that showed us the route and staying at various motels along the way and swimming in their pools with other kids. things are way fancier now with GPS and hotels!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"