Georgia Babies

NBR- Natural Gas Rates

Anyone feel like they currently have a good deal and dont mind sharing? I got a new offer in the mail for 0.539/therm and it seems like a great deal. I do feel like I change companies every year to get the better rates. Anyone else do this?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR- Natural Gas Rates

• This was the first time I actually looked at rates after paying $300+ for 2 months during last winter.  We went with Gas South at 0.699 per therm.  What I did see that you have to sign a contract of sorts, for the time period you are locking the rate it, but to me that wasn't a big deal, although Clark Howard may say different. 

0.539 sounds like a great rate!

• We just did 12 months fixed plan with Walton EMC for 0.54/therm I think. It was actually a scana deal we got in the mail and someone on here told me to call my current provider first to see if they would match it. Walton EMC had no problems matching the offer and it took all of 5 minutes on the phone with them. We just had to give them the offer code on the flyer from scana. Much easier then trying to go through switching.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We are with Gas South and I was kind of annoyed that they wouldn't match the rates that we got in the mail since they matched for us last year.  They say they will only do that every 2 years.  Seems stupid... I mean, that just encourages people to find a new provider!  Anyway, while I was talking to her, she screwed up and offered me something that I wasn't eligible for and when I called back later the manager refused to honor it even though they had it recorded what she had said.  I complained a little higher up the chain and ended up getting a credit that basically equalled what I would have gotten if I had switched to another company so I stuck with them.  But if they pull this crap next year, I'm done.

• mine is up for renewal next month and mine was .69 last year (I think but it was .6something.) that is a great rate.  I would go with it.  And yes I started to do this every year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"