May 2011 Moms
Options

help with getting her to nap longer.......

DD is currently transitioning from 3 naps per day to 2. Some days I just have to do 3 naps, if she wakes up crazy early for the day or something..  problem is, her naps are SO SHORT. Like, sometimes just 30 minutes. I tried to let her CIO, and only once it worked and she went back to sleep for another hour..  but most times she is just too hysterical, so I go in and feed her. And THEN she goes to sleep ON ME for like an hour or more! This would be fine and dandy, if I wasn't also the mother of a 3 year old! haha! If he happens to be napping too, then great, but most times she conks out on me and I have to wake her up.. and it's just crabby city.

I know most all babies probably just naturally prefer to nap on someone, but how can I get her to extend these naps in her crib??? 

Re: help with getting her to nap longer.......

• Options
    Owen does this too... I can usually lay him down after I nurse him and he's sleeping or really sleepy. Or if I suspect what he's planning, I lie down and feed him on the floor. He's not sleeping in his crib... but it's not on me, and his room is babyproofed.
  • Options
    DS is trying to transition to two naps a day as well. He's never been consistent in the length of the naps--we had a phase where they were 20 min naps, and now some are up to two hours! What I've noticed is that he is skipping his morning nap, he usually wakes up fairly late compared to other babies 8:30 or 9:30 tops, so he's napping between noon and one and the next anywhere between 4 and 6 (bed time is around 9pm). So, what works for me sometimes is to nurse him to sleep and I put him on his belly when he is really drowsy, and those are the long naps. Have you tried just trying to extend the time awake just a little longer? Not to the point of overtired and cranky but just to the point where he is really sleepy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At home, I always put E down for a nap in her sleep sack, otherwise she doesn't stay asleep for long.  At daycare, she has a blanket.  If we're out and she's in her carseat/stroller, we usually have a blanket tucked all around her..  In pretty much all cases, she is covered by something, and I think that helps her feel all snuggly and comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"