North Carolina Babies
Options

Help me plan something for our anniversary

DH and I want to get away for a couple of days next month, but really don't know what we want to do.  Not too far, just a couple hours from the piedmont max. 

Don't really want to go skiing b/c we can do that anytime.  Don't really want to visit a winery, DH doesn't drink wine.  Thought about possibly going to a hockey game in Raleigh or Charlotte, but would need to plan some other things to do the rest of the weekend.  We did Biltmore for our 1st anny already.

Any ideas for good places to visit in February?  Fun weekend trips without the kids?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help me plan something for our anniversary

• Options
    Williamsburg...Savannah...Charleston...find a cabin in the mountains....lake lure...
  • Options
    Gatlinburg is fun to visit and is not too far away.  You can get a cabin for pretty cheap.  VRBO is a great place to check.  We have gone a few times and it is fun, even though it is pretty touristy there is a lot of outdoors stuff as well.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageAKH307:
    Williamsburg...Savannah...Charleston...find a cabin in the mountains....lake lure...

All very nice ideas, but too far.  I'm talking 2 hours from Winston.  Cabin in the mountains is a possibility.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Cabin may be nice. Maybe up by Boone, go to Grandfather Mountain, visit some water falls (Elk River Falls is a beautiful waterfall and not a lot of hiking is involved). Drive down some of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
  • Options
    What about Black Mountain.  It's maybe 2-2.5 hrs.  Really neat old "downtown", tons of outdoorsy stuff.  Not touristy this time of year.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Options
    What about Blacksburg, VA? I've heard it's a neat town, and with VA Tech being there, I would assume there's a decent amount to do and some good restaurants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageunc00ref:
    What about Black Mountain.  It's maybe 2-2.5 hrs.  Really neat old "downtown", tons of outdoorsy stuff.  Not touristy this time of year.

I agree Black Mountain is one of my favorite places to visit.  But if you did want to come to the Triangle area - other than a hockey game you could check out the Durham Perforrming Arts Center for a good show or you could visit some of the area museums.  The NC Art Museum is wonderful and was recently renovated.  You could also check out the Spa at Umstead for some special treatment.  I know a lot of people that go for a couples massage and lunch at The Heron. 

You may also want to consider Pinehurst, I don't know how many hours it is from Winston but there are some great little bed and breakfast places, cute shopping area and the spa there is also very nice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageallisons1014:

imageunc00ref:

I agree Black Mountain is one of my favorite places to visit.  But if you did want to come to the Triangle area - other than a hockey game you could check out the Durham Perforrming Arts Center for a good show or you could visit some of the area museums.  The NC Art Museum is wonderful and was recently renovated.  You could also check out the Spa at Umstead for some special treatment.  I know a lot of people that go for a couples massage and lunch at The Heron. 

You may also want to consider Pinehurst, I don't know how many hours it is from Winston but there are some great little bed and breakfast places, cute shopping area and the spa there is also very nice.

Ha, if you come to PInehurst, you can visit me! I would probably pick the mountains over here, unless your DH plays a lot of golf. Also, the hotels, restaurants, spa etc are pricey, IMO. But we do love it here ;-) Have a wonderful trip, wherever you decide to go. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"