August 2012 Moms

Unicorns, Puppies, Rainbows, Glitter.

I hate that I think of this whenever I come to this board

or this:

or this:

It makes me want to...

Edit:  Don't get me wrong, I adore most of the women here.  But sometimes I just want to throw one of those damn fruits ya'll keep posting about.  Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Unicorns, Puppies, Rainbows, Glitter.

• you must have missed the abortion post earlier, haha. twas deleted, unfortunately. 
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL. Is that unicorn eating the rainbow or throwing it up?
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejessalynn521:
    LOL. Is that unicorn eating the rainbow or throwing it up?

Isn't it appropriate either way? bhahah  I'd guess throwing it up.

• imageMandeeFoFandee:
    you must have missed the abortion post earlier, haha. twas deleted, unfortunately. 

Someone posted about getting an abortion? Please tell me they weren't making jokes about it!

Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • Yeah, I would say it is definitely appropriate, it just made me laugh that it was my first thought.
    imageimage
  • imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:
    you must have missed the abortion post earlier, haha. twas deleted, unfortunately. 

Someone posted about getting an abortion? Please tell me they weren't making jokes about it!

nope, she was just stating reasons why she believed abortion was wrong. mainly Jesus related.  

• imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

I barely got a reply in, had to go to a meeting and came back to a DD.  It was a very religious pro-life message.  For once I'm glad somebody DD'd before things exploded.

• imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

She tried to laugh off that people were upset about it, even responding "LOL" to somoene who posted that she hoped she was joking. She managed to post this massive amount of text as to why she didn't believe in abortion. I understand that we are all entitled to have our own opinion, but why post about something that is so controversial? She obviously had no experience herself or anyone close to her with making a difficult choice. We all come to this board with various backgrounds and I don't think she realized how hurtful it could be to others who read and post on this board.

• I think I'm not on here often enough. I don't even know what fruit posts are!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMandeeFoFandee:

How did I miss this?? I would've enjoyed the entertainment that post would bring!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAB2K10:

imagejessalynn521:
    LOL. Is that unicorn eating the rainbow or throwing it up?

Isn't it appropriate either way? bhahah  I'd guess throwing it up.

LOL! I agree with throwing up, but that could be due to dealing with all day/night morning sickness.  Stick out tongue

• imageC_mo:
    imageMandeeFoFandee:
    imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

nope, she was just stating reasons why she believed abortion was wrong. mainly Jesus related.  

Aaah... The all persuading 'because Jesus says so' argument. I'm so sad that I missed it! I hate DDs. 

Because that's a totally relevant topic on a board with women that want to be pregnant, hahah.  Gotta love stupid.

• imageCrossingfingers:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

How did I miss this?? I would've enjoyed the entertainment that post would bring!

it didn't last very long! a few people jumped in pretty quickly and shut her up. I think I missed the last few replies before it was DD.  

• imagebnkraayenbrink:
    imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

She tried to laugh off that people were upset about it, even responding "LOL" to somoene who posted that she hoped she was joking. She managed to post this massive amount of text as to why she didn't believe in abortion. I understand that we are all entitled to have our own opinion, but why post about something that is so controversial? She obviously had no experience herself or anyone close to her with making a difficult choice. We all come to this board with various backgrounds and I don't think she realized how hurtful it could be to others who read and post on this board.

Wow.... can't believe I missed that one. But probably a good thing I did, I get real defensive real fast when it comes to those types of issues. I understand religion, and ya I am a Christian.... but I can't stand when people push religion, politics or controversial issues on everyone else. Just my opinion.... see I didnt even see the post and I feel HEATED right now. Yes, good thing I did not see it.

Been Married Since 9.23.11 to the Love of My Life! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • imageC_mo:
    imagejmk5287:
    imagebnkraayenbrink:
    imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

Wow.... can't believe I missed that one. But probably a good thing I did, I get real defensive real fast when it comes to those types of issues. I understand religion, and ya I am a Christian.... but I can't stand when people push religion, politics or controversial issues on everyone else. Just my opinion.... see I didnt even see the post and I feel HEATED right now. Yes, good thing I did not see it.

I think everyone needs an outlet for their hormones every once in a while... Maybe a flame fest is what this board needs lol. 

Agreed

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • imageScout2005:

Oh give it time. I think we're all still in happy, euphoric, new pregnancy phase.

Wait until the heartburn hits. That'll get the tempers going. 

Man I hope I don't have a "stupid day" where I say something completely stupid or just down right wrong.... that would be the day I become a hypocrit.... I HATE hypocrits!

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • imageScout2005:
    imagejmk5287:
    imageScout2005:

Oh give it time. I think we're all still in happy, euphoric, new pregnancy phase.

Man I hope I don't have a "stupid day" where I say something completely stupid or just down right wrong.... that would be the day I become a hypocrit.... I HATE hypocrits!

I say comletely stupid things on a daily basis.

I consider it part of my charm. 

Ha Ha I wish I had some charm.... I am that kind of personatilty where I don't really know how to say things without coing off as a b!tch so I am better off not saying anything at all. I am a really nice person though I swear, I just dont handle confrontation well??? maybe??? :)

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • I'm usually good for some snark and/or flames when appropriate, but I feel like I have to bite my tongue around these parts.  Devil
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• imagekelnyc:
    I'm usually good for some snark and/or flames when appropriate, but I feel like I have to bite my tongue around these partsDevil

PLEASE don't.  I'm begging you. 

• imageScout2005:
    imagejmk5287:
    imageScout2005:
    imagejmk5287:
    imageScout2005:

I say comletely stupid things on a daily basis.

I consider it part of my charm. 

Ha Ha I wish I had some charm.... I am that kind of personatilty where I don't really know how to say things without coing off as a b!tch so I am better off not saying anything at all. I am a really nice person though I swear, I just dont handle confrontation well??? maybe??? :)

The secret is not to worry if you come off like a b!tch or not ;)

Honestly, it's hard on the message boards because you can't read tone. Jokes are taken seriously, honest questions as snark, true snark as agreement...it's a problem. 

Very True! 

My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Chart
  • I didn't mean to annoy anyone on this board by posting about my milestone. I'm pretty excited about being 13 weeks, especially after TTC for 16 cycles and a really rough first tri that included a trip to the ER. 

Married 6/28/08, TTC 7/10, BFP 11/30/11! Charlotte Rose born on 8/4/12! TFAS 8/13, BFP 10/14/13! Lori Anne Catherine born on 6/13/14!

• imageAB2K10:

imagekelnyc:
    I'm usually good for some snark and/or flames when appropriate, but I feel like I have to bite my tongue around these partsDevil

PLEASE don't.  I'm begging you. 

I agree!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageemandjp:
    I didn't mean to annoy anyone on this board by posting about my milestone. I'm pretty excited about being 13 weeks, especially after TTC for 16 cycles and a really rough first tri that included a trip to the ER. 

I'm sure everyone is thrilled for your peach.  And appreciates what you've been through to get to the point you're at.

What I was getting at is that the fruits change EVERY WEEK for EVERY PERSON.  Every week each of us hits a milestone.  But my little prune is no more or less special than someone else's plum or whatever else they may be so why continue to post (and make individual posts like it's something extra important) every fricken week?

Point is: we've all been through something to get here.  We'll all have fruit changes every week.  Doesn't make any one of us more significant than any other.  So why the individual fruit posts all the time????

• imageMandeeFoFandee:
    imagejmk5287:

imageMandeeFoFandee:

Prob because yesterday was the Pro-Life march in Washington DC

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • HAHA....I love unicorns, puppies, rainbows, & glitter....in fact they sooth me instead of stressing me out. Please post more about your fruits ladies...I love fruit too :)
  • imageklm5148:
    HAHA....I love unicorns, puppies, rainbows, & glitter....in fact they sooth me instead of stressing me out. Please post more about your fruits ladies...I love fruit too :)

You need to SHHHHH.  Stick out tongue

• AB.. I am so glad someone has finally said it. I got to TTGP board to read the snark to liven up the day. I am glad that I am not the only one who is missing the non-glitter and puppies stuff.

• imageMandeeFoFandee:

Damn.... One time there is excitement and I am not on!!

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • imageMandeeFoFandee:

It was quite the "educated" gem.

• I check this board once a day and spend the rest of my time on 12-24 where the good *** happens.  If I checked more than once a day id puke.

andplusalso  I hardly post because I can't say anything nice. lol  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"