Birth Stories

What did you wear during/after delivery?

I'm 30 weeks and getting organized for the delivery. What did you wear during and after your delivery? Most people have told me to just bring comfortable clothing. I do plan on breastfeeding. Thank you!

Re: What did you wear during/after delivery?

• During: hospital gown

After: a nursing tank, yoga pants, and a robe 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • During: buck a$$ naked

After: yoga pants and a nursing tank. I bought some cheap pairs of pants that I could toss if I got them bloody. 

• Loading the player...
  • I wore a gown during labor and for the first day PP and a nursing cami and sweat pants the next day.
  • During labor and the day/night after labor I wore a hospital gown.  We were in the hospital for a few days and during that time I wore some comfortable nursing pajamas at night and during the day I wore a nursing tanktop, cotton skirt or sweat pants! 

You want the most comfortable and stretchy clothes possible!  

• The nursing gown till I went home. I was so tired and in pain I didn't change until I had to. Then I put on oversized sweats from Target.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • During: First half of labor I wore yoga pants and a big tee shirt (at home) Second half I was naked. 

After I wore the yoga pants and tee shirt again (I ended up having to walk out of the birth center about 20 minutes after delivering, because my baby was transferred to a hospital)  

• imagerdgove:

During: hospital gown

After: a nursing tank, yoga pants, and a robe 

Ditto 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wore the hospital gown the whole time.
  • Thanks everyone! That helps. I'll be picking up a nursing tank and some comfy sweats.
  • During I wore a Comfy bra, socks and a hospital gown. After I stayed in the hospital gown but had on undies, socks, and a bra. It was so much easier to stay in the hospital gown because they were checking me so often!!
  • Before and after a gown,p. I felt like I was naked all the time after delivery from trying to bf so much lol. I lost all my modesty after delivery so I didn't care
  • During - hospital gown

After- Nursing night gown/pjs/robe

I left the hospital in maternity yoga pants, a nursing tank, and a maternity t-shirt.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• During: sports bra and hospital gown

After: sports bra, hospital gown, and their mesh panties with a pad-I didn't want to bleed on any of my clothes! plus it was easier to BF in a gown with shoulder snaps

Also, I love what a PP said about being buck naked during delivery-made me LOL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • During: Naked as a jaybird.

After: The hospital nursing gown with my robe over it.  To go home I brought yoga pants and a t-shirt. 

• During: Just my gown and tank top

After: The same thing. 

• during: a hospital gown

after: nursing bra, oversize t shirt, and dark colored sweats/track pants with hospital underwear.

BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU: the nurse helped me to take a shower 5 hours after delivery. i was scared out of my mind that it was going to look like a murder scene in the tub, but it was ok. i felt so much better after. take a shower! don't forget all of your own personal toiletries! best of luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"