Breastfeeding
Options

do medela parts work on ameda pumps?

hi ladies. a friend of mine is loaning me her ameda pump that I would just need to get the replacement parts kit to use.  another friend has a set of medela parts that the hospital gave her when they thought she would need to use one of their pumps. she didnt though, and said i could have the parts if they would work for the ameda. does anyone know if the parts are compatible? I would assume not, but never know...

thanks so much! 

Re: do medela parts work on ameda pumps?

• Options
    No, they're totally different designs.
  • Options
    They won't, but you might get Ameda parts from the hospital you deliver at (if you're using a hospital).  We did!  Score!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were, but I had a hospital grade ameda pump so maybe that is why.  You have to buy Medela tubing online though, because Ameda tubing is not compatible with Medela flanges.  I've also used my Ameda stuff with my Medela PISA with no issue.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
     With DD1 the hospital gave me medela parts to use in the hospital and they let me take them home. After delivery DD1 went to Cooks children hospital where they had Ameda pumps. They gave me an Ameda kit at Cooks. I also purchased an Ameda pump with DD2. The parts are completely diff but if you have the Ameda pump and the tubing size for the Medela will fit over the piece on the Ameda pump, it might actually work. If not, the pieces for the Ameda pump are not very expensive and depending on the brand the hospital uses, they might give you the kit which will work.
  • Options
    You can use ameda valves with medela pump. They work much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"