New to The Bump
Options

new and TTC...kinda long and maybe a little TMI warning

Hello all! I am new to the bump, but have been on the knot and the nest for years now. Just a little background...DH and I have been married just over 3 years now. We were not planning on having kids quite yet as we have been trying to pay down our significant debt for the last 6 months. We were on schedule to be debt free in two years.

As of July I went off BCP to help limit my extreme migraines, which as I am learning were heavily caused by any of the types of pill I was on. We decided we wanted to pay down our debts before actively trying for a baby, so we were going to give it at least a year and a half. That was until DH went in the hospital last month. We just found out that he shocked his liver with the different medications he was taking, but regardless we decided we've waited long enough. As most people have been telling me for years now, no one is ever financially ready for a baby, it took one of the techs at the hospital to tell DH this for him to realize it is true. So we started right away.

Unfortunately, I had been on the pill for 9 years, mostly to help regulate my cycles, and once I got off I went right back to irregular (53, 65 and 40 days were my last three cycles). That being said I still do not have a clue what a normal cycle is for me yet and have no clue on when I ovulate. So DH and I have been pretty regular in trying since two weeks after the start of my last cycle. I am currently on day 38 and have been experiencing some symptoms that could be PMS or Early pregnancy (swollen, tender/sore breasts; light cramping; gagging reflex, but no vomiting; extreme heartburn which I do not typically get; heavy burping, which I typically do not get; and of course still no AF).

Even though my cycles previously were long I never had all of these symptoms together with PMS, EVER. Also, I typically get migraines which I have not had yet, and my cramping is typically severe which it hasn't been more than a slight discomfort. I am trying to hold out testing until at least Thursday (day 41), but I was looking to get feedback to see if I am just driving myself crazy over-thinking this or if others have experienced similar symptoms and to what degree.

Sorry this is long and may be TMI, but DH and I are not planning on telling anyone we are TTC until we are around 12 weeks pregnant and everyone on these boards seem to give a lot of feedback and seem so supportive!  Thnx Embarrassed

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

Re: new and TTC...kinda long and maybe a little TMI warning

• Options

Test now. See what it says. If it's positive, you'll know. If it's not, wait again until Thursday and test again. Keep testing until you get your period, or you get a positve. It's really the best you can do at this point.

I've had plenty of pregnancy symptoms and wasn't pregnant. Try not to read too much into it.

• Options
    Definitely take a test!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just a small update...I was planning on testing this morning, but AF beat me to the punch. A little sad, but not entirely unexpected as we just started trying. On a bright note...this is the second time in a row my cycle is 40 days! Hopefully that will help to try to conceive next month. :)

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    My advice is to try not to fuss about things too much.  Since you JUST decided you are ready, why don't you take it easy and just let nature take it's course.  Don't start fussing about ovulation and that just yet.  My SIL was desperate to get pregnant and stressed herself so much about it that it took her 4 years!  My other SIL had a one night stand and got pregnant (oops).  I was told that it might take some time for me to conceive since I have endometriosis, so I went off the pill a month before we were married... and got pregnant right away, as in, I was pregnant on my wedding day!  If you don't stress about it, it happens easier.  It's one thing to stress because you've been waiting a long time and it isn't happening, but it's another to be worrying when you have just started trying.  Give it a few months before you start becoming obsessive about it.  But I also want to add.... money should be a factor because kids are expensive.  I don't know your situation, but I'm guessing the tech at the hospital didn't either when she told you that "no one is ever financially ready for a baby".  It is possible to be "financially prepared" for a baby... in that, you have priced things out and have an idea of if you can manage long-term.  It's a big change, and if your initial gut reaction was to wait a1.5 years, I wouldn't necessarily change that just because everyone else thinks that's silly...they don't pay your bills or have your long-term dreams!   

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• Options
    Your body is still getting itself regulated after having been on bcp... this may explain all the new pms symptoms you experienced this time around. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure a lot of pms symptoms are eliminated or tuned down when you're on bcp..
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Beat stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma May 2011, YEAH!!!

BFP 3/30/12, with fingers and toes all crossed.

AMA (37) + GD = HR, grr.

EDD 12.12.12

• Options
    I was on bc for 14 years and my husband and I conceived after 2 months of stopping the pill.  Try a handstand after sex......has not been confirmed that it helps but we were goofing off and got pregnant that cyle :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"