Postpartum Depression

Starting to feel "normal" again

My DS is almost 9 months old and I'm finally starting to feel comfortable being a MOM. Wow! Between being anxious and listening to people I know talk about what they do and how they do things.A big turning point is that I feel like I love my DS more everyday. For months I felt like I was just taking care of him because he's the baby and that's what you do! (Going through the motions.) Anywho, I also feel comfortable in my own skin and am starting to understand what is important to me and my family - my priorities, not what someone else believe should be my priorities! I'm kind of excited!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Starting to feel "normal" again

• that's good to hear.  i've not had my daughter yet (due in 10wks), but i've suffered from depression & disassociation throughout the entire pregnancy.  i know everyone says to be happy & it will all feel natural, but often it just doesn't.  i hope that after going through the motions for so long, it starts to feel less like a charade for you & you can actually feel the things everyone says you're supposed to.  good luck for continued improvement!
  • Sometimes I still feel like SOME people's statements are fake and fluffy. Exhibit A: "It's hard to remember anything before my child was born." Really, so you just dismiss any and all of your accomplishments before this "life changing" event? Also think people make statements because they think that's what you want them to say. But really the truth is perfectly fine with me; either way! Statements don't make you a better or worse parent. Tusia - defintally ask for help after your daughter is born. Also, ask your doctor for help and recommendations as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on feeling better. That is about when I started to feel better too. I am so excited to watch her get older. The older she gets the better I feel.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"