LGBT Parenting

Weekend Updates

How was your weekend? What did you do?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Weekend Updates

• Friday night L was home (vs off writing) so we got take out and hung out at home.

Saturday morning L headed off to a new water aerobics class while I took the kids to swimming lessons. We met for breakfast before L went off to write and I took the kids home to finish up homework and play. We went to a bowling fundraiser for the kids' school and then I dropped them off at the gym for Parents Night Out while L and I went to see The Iron Lady (not as great as I wanted it to be..but Meryl Streep was fabulous.)

Sunday morning we putzed around the house before going to a bounce party with one of the multiples groups. We stopped at the grocery store en route home and it was crazy crowded (stocking up before the game?!) and my kids were acting like fools. By 3pm, I had the kids bathed and in pjs. I figured I would make these awesome ham and cheese sandwiches for dinner/lunch and was nearly done assembling them when I realized we had no foil to cover them while they cooked. 7 rolls of Saran Wrap, but no foil. Sigh. Then I figured I would make these egg cups from Pintrest, but had forgotten to buy any veggies for them. ARGH. It wasn't worth it to re-dress the kids and go to the store, so I finished up laundry and decided to make banana chocolate chip muffins for the kids' snack. I've made them 1001x times but this time they all stuck to the muffin tin and out of 24 mini muffins about 10 were salvageable. WTF? Got the kids to bed and watched some movie.

I didn't set my alarm this morning since I figured we'd have a 2 hr delay (you know since the feds called it in at 6pm last night.) Ha. I let the kids sleep till 7am since I knew they were tired, we had to stop at a Starbucks half way to school since Gray had to go to the bathroom and couldn't wait, a mentally ill woman kept banging/rattling the door the entire time we were in there (which didn't help gray's speed or my mental health)...but thankfully there was NO traffic and I was here only 30m late.
  • wow 2brides, you had quite the weekend!

Ours was very mellow.  Saturday it snowed so we stayed home all day.  Played and rested and baked and went out in the snow. Sunday morning DW took the big kids to a playdate at chuckie cheese (::shudder::) while Daisy and I had a quiet morning and went to Church. We all met up at my parents' house for brunch then brought the kids home for rest.  In the afternoon Sprout went to watch my cousin play indoor soccer while the rest of us ran errands and got some dinner.

• Loading the player...
  • Fri: I was off for still no voice (yeah professional football games) so Ky and I hung out at home. i got all my weekend cleaning done and napped while she did. unfortunately I woke up to a nakkie baby and pee all over the crib...DW came home to grilled cheese and veggie soup and redbox.

Sat: I ran errands all morning: breakfast for DW's work, bills, bank, grocery, visiting old coworkers. Ky took a THREE HOUR NAP! I got my floors mopped, kitchen cabinets cleaned out, refrig cleaned, freezer organized. I baked mini mint brownies but had to improvise since my mini muffin pan is MIA....Ky ran around naked (again) while I tried to get ready to go out to dinner with DW. Dinner was alright but we came home to another disc of the final season of Big Love!

Sun: When I got Ky up she went into our room (where DW was still sleeping) and climbed on the bed and cuddled up next to her and kissed her face...it was really sweet. I finally convinced her to come out and let dada sleep while we played legos.  DW went to watch the Giants/49ers game with some friends. I went back to the netflx series I have been watching.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Friday after work we ordered pizza and watched TV while I went through the kitchen cabinets (food and dishes/equipment) and pulled out everything we needed to donate or throw away.

We met a friend for brunch on Saturday morning, and walked around with her for a little bit afterward. When we got home Jen took a nap while I worked on Pinterest to put together a basic idea for the nursery decor - not the most crucial thing to get done, but fun. Afterward we packed up more of her closet and the bedroom bookshelf. I made chicken chili for dinner and we caught up on some DVR. After dinner we went to Target to pick up a few things and add some things to our registry. Jen went to bed when we got home and I stayed up too late playing Nintendo.

Sunday morning I got up early and planned the menu for the week and did a big grocery shop. In the afternoon we went to a friend's house to pick up some baby clothes she offered to give us, since she has a 2-year-old daughter and a large 5-month-old son who has already outgrown a lot of NB, 3-6, and 6-9 month clothes. She has great taste (or, I should say, taste similar to ours, great or not), and seriously had so much clothes - we came home with seven bags full - five shopping bags and two bags the size of king size pillowcases. Sleepers, onesies, pants sets, dresses, sweaters, hats, swimsuits - all kinds. We did a Goodwill dropoff we've been meaning to do, and met friends for a great dinner out. When we got home I sorted the clothes by type and rebagged them so Jen can sort those by size later this week when she's off work.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fri: I worked late and then went shopping for the birthday party in a bag donation event at our church. We then had a quiet night at home.

Sat: I worked in the morning and then we went out to the furniture store and home depot--we are working on our basement. The kids slept in the car while we ran the errands so it mostly entailed one of us running in for color samples and then bringing them out to the car to discuss.We picked the upholstery for the couch/love seat we found last week and ordered it. We also picked carpet and narrowed down our wall color.  In 6 weeks we should have a functional basement again--I am thrilled Smile I worked more that afternoon and then dinner at home and baths/books/bed for the kids. Kel and I stayed up working on the basement.

Sun: Lex and I went to church--it was the annual meeting so we were there for 3 hours!  After church, we all went to my in-laws for the afternoon/evening. I left early and met some friends out for an early drink. After the kids were in bed, more work on the basement and paying bills. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Friday - I don't remember.  Haha, isn't that what I post every Monday?

Saturday - K went to an all day photography class while I took Jelly Bean to a local museum for a little leg stretching.  She explored and we took a ride on the indoor merry-go-round.  Later JB and I hung out at home playing and drawing. We met K for dinner but then she went out to write while I put JB to sleep.

Sunday - JB and I left early to run errands.  K left the house to write, returning after 9pm.  So it was JB and I all day....and she refused to nap.  But on the bright side I scored $215 worth of stuff for just $91 out of pocket.  woo-hoo!

• Thursday late late late at night: Gwen woke up crying hard and burning up.

Friday: Stayed home with the girl who was clearly sick... slept about 2.5 hours later then normal, took a 3 hour nap, in bed 30 minutes early. Highest temp 103.7*. Went to the doctor, double ear infection. Got antibiotic.

Saturday: Trav got up with Gwen like normal, but called me into the bathroom to check out her face... she had developed this weird rash around her mouth. Called the doc who told us to keep going with the antibiotic (no other signs that it was an allergic reaction), but to use hydrocortizone cream on the rash twice a day. Just stayed in and tried to relax.

Sunday: Gwen woke a ton throughout the night, thought it was the ears bothering her, but rash was much worse in the morning. Called and got an emergency visit to the doc. Doc didn't like the look of it, so changed out her antibiotic and prescribed an antibacterial cream for the rash. We head home and try to relax. Gwen is clearly uncomfortable.

Try to put her to bed (when she asked to go to sleep, almost an hour early!), instead spent an hour trying to console a wailing child. I kept asking her what hurt and she finally told me her feet. Turned the light back on and pulled off her PJs to find her feet covered in a blister-like rash, some on her hands as well. Call the on-call doc line, and get told to head to the ER.

So, off to C.H.O.P. we go. Thankfully it was almost empty, so we got seen quickly. The resident checked her over, then went to refer with his fellow, who came in to check Gwen, and then sent in the attending just to get a second (third?) opinion. Apparently its Hand, Foot, and Mouth... a new/weird presentation of it that they had been informed of, but never seen. So the attending actually asked our permission to take pictures for a case study. Thankfully she should be better in 3 - 5 days... unfortunately there's nothing we can give her to speed up the process, just Motrin to help with the discomfort. And no daycare until she's completely cleared up.

We didn't get back home and into bed until 1, and Gwen was up almost hourly. I only got about 4.5 hours total and I'm exhausted today! Hopefully she'll sleep much better tonight.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Meegs - so sorry to hear about Gwen's illness.  What a trooper! I hope she feels better soon. 
  • Poor Gwen! Hope she feels better and you get some sleep soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Aww..poor Gwenie and poor tired parents. Hope she feels better soon.
  • Poor Gwen! Hang in there, Meegs!

Fri: date night!  We went out for dinner... and got a text from our friend babysitting at 7:30--saying Pumpkin just got home from his visit. We finished dinner at 7:42 and knew she would be mad if we came home (she's been dying to babysit). So, we went for a drink, too!  Felt sooo indulgent.  Until we left the bar, yawning at 9:45 just as the band was starting to set up.

Sat--morning foster parent training class.  Seriously, if they are going to talk about the craziness of the court system for 4 hours on a Sat morning, the least they can do is pass out bloody marys.

L did an indoor marathon relay (sounds like torture--I call her team, "rats in a cage.") Pumpkin and I went to cheer L, my bro, and some friends.

Sun--mom's bd at our house.  I made yummy food--everyone was impressed by my pinterest selections.

Realized last year at this time my mom had no idea she was going to be a gramma this year. Fun!

Today--L's work was having a lame, not-applicable to her training. She decided she better take care of that cold she's been fighting ;)  Yay for bonus weekend day with my family! 

• imageEratMama:

Sat--morning foster parent training class. 

Today--L's work was having a lame, not-applicable to her training. She decided she better take care of that cold she's been fighting ;)  Yay for bonus weekend day with my family! 

What do you think of the other foster parents when you go to trainings? Forget the bloody marys, i always joke w/ A that I should bring popcorn b/c there is some seriously good people watching at those things.  I really shouldn't laugh about it, but what else can you do?  actually, maybe the bloody mary is a good call...

and yay for bonus family-all-together day!

• Meegs...sending hugs your way and hoping for a better day and more sleep tonight for all of you!!!

Friday: After I brought E to work for about an hour to take care of a few things, we went to my brother's place for a shower and to warm up. At about 4pm a friend who lives in our neighborhood texted that the power had just come back on. We hung around to see my brother and SIL when they got home from work and then headed for home. I'd left the heat to come back on, so it was going when we got home but it took until bedtime to even get close to warming the place up. Thankfully E's fish lived!!! And our fridge made it through with the generator so I'm glad for that.

Saturday: Clean up from having no power...dishes, laundry, putting stuff away, etc. The cable was out for most of the morning, so E watched a DVD while I worked at getting a semblance of normal back. That night we went to the first roller derby bout of the season. We met up with some new friends/acquaintances there and had a good time. E started chatting up one of the ladies and proceeded to tell her about my bras. Awesome. Now we have no secrets apparently! Wink

Sunday: More stuff around the house in the morning. In the afternoon, E had a birthday party at a swimming pool. She had a blast and it was great for her to see her friends after spending most of the week at home due to the weather and power outages. Afterwards we got groceries and I cooked two meals, one for dinner and one for tonight's dinner. Bath, stories and bedtime and prepping for the week!

There are still about 50,000 homes here without power and it could be until Wed. before some of them get it back (in rural heavily treed areas). I am so very grateful we got it back in 2 days. From the numbers I've seen the power company post, there were probably about 400,000 homes without power at some point since Wed. Really crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"