Potty Training
Options

Underwear, Training Pants or Diapers?

In about a month or so, we will be PT DS.

We have already started, and he knows the concept of peeing in the toilet when asked, but he has yet to tell us he needs to go and then we take him to the toilet.

He is using 100% diapers, with a casual PT on the side (ie. right before bathtime). We don't want to do the 3day PT, its just not our families style.  

Do we move him to training pants and diapers at night?  How do we start this process? 

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Underwear, Training Pants or Diapers?

• Options

Are you referring to training pants as pull-ups or the thicker underwear?

If you use diapers during the day then use diapers at night doesn't make much since to use underwear at night.  Personally I think pull ups are a waste of money. (I have potty trained many kids since I have run a in home daycare for 8 years) 

Depending upon how much you want to clean up accidents is your choice between underwear or diapers.  I would start out with diapers and keep putting your DS on the potty every 15mins or so then when he is finally getting the hang of it switch over to underwear and still keeping asking him to go on the potty and put him on every 15-30mins.   

Good luck an hope you either have hard wood floors or good carpet cleaner :) Don't push it if your son doesn't seem interested it will just make it worse for both of you

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

well, i guess we kind of did the 3 day method so you may not want to follow what we did.  we basically just put him in underwear at the house, and didnt leave the house much for the long weekend last weekend.  started on saturday, but monday morning he was pretty much accident free. we skipped pullups cause i hear they are a waste of money. we do still put him in diapers for nap and bedtime - other than that just regular underwear. 

going back and forth between diapers and underwear may be confusing to the kiddo cause they may not remember what they are wearing at any given time... does that make sense?

DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just started PT DS too. As of yesterday, we stuck him in underwear only. At bedtime, we will continue to use diapers. He has been letting us know when he has an accident. Now it's just a matter of getting him to tell us when he has to go. I am constantly reminding him to tell us and that he has to go potty and poop in the toliet and not his pants. He knows how to use the toliet. It's just a matter of getting him to remember to use it.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"