Military Families

Any Ft. Detrick ladies?

We're considering a PCS here, but I know nothing about the area. I've lived on the west coast my entire life so the east coast is totally new. Is this a nice post? How is Maryland?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any Ft. Detrick ladies?

• I have not been stationed at Detrick but have plenty of friends that have, I have visited there as well. I live in VA so the area is pretty similar.

its an okay area there are definitley better it all depends what you are looking for. 

What is your MOS or your Husbands?

• He would either take a 70K or 70H job. He's from Maine and his parents are still there, so he's like to be closer. We looked at some houses online and they seem to be pretty reasonable. So far we've seen Lewis (currently at), Bliss, Carson, Sam Houston and Irwin and I'm not a fan of any of them. It seems like the weather would be tolerable here and there would be stuff to do in the area, am I right?
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes there is a lot to do in the area  and  Detrick is a good location to visit neighboring states without having to drive for day.

The weather is bearable winters are cold but not miserably cold. Its such a beautiful area in the fall to. 

Compared to the areas you mentioned I would defintley choose Detrick over those but Ft. Sam would be a close second. 

But its a very famly friendly area and the housing on post is fairly new and the off post housing is as you said reasonable.

• Good to know, thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"