April 2011 Moms
Options

naps becoming a thing of the past

My LO has been baulking his naps this week. He has one in the morning for about an hour, then one in the afternoon. All week he's been refuses to settle down for his nap. Takes him 30 or so minutes to settle. Just wondering how many naps is other having a day?

Re: naps becoming a thing of the past

• Options
    DD takes a morning two-hour nap and an afternoon one-hour nap. Once in her crib, it takes her about 30 minutes to settle herself down and fall asleep.
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options

With Chase it really varies.  He is the most content when he gets 1.5 and 2 hours of nap time per day, generally as a 30+ minute morning nap and an hour afternoon nap.  There are days though, where he refuses to nap.  On Sunday, he napped in 10 minute increments in the car, but wouldn't nap anywhere else.  That day, he probably got 30 minutes total.

Does your LO sleep well/get plenty of sleep at night?  Sleep at night leads to sleep during the day, and sleep during the day leads to sleep at night.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LO has 2 naps a day - half hour each... sometimes one will be an hour if we are lucky (or in the car!). But, she gets a good 12 hour night and is generally happy so I can't complain... if only she'd STTN with those 12 hours ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Chloe's morning nap is slowly becoming shorter and shorter while her afternoon nap is usually about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  It wouldn't surprise me if soon we were only doing the afternoon nap.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Naps only happen in my arms. If I put him in the crib, he'll cry until I give up. If there's too much going on, he doesn't nap. So, if I'm lucky, well get about 3 hours worth of naps, but I can't do anything but play on my phone like I'm doing now! I wish the sleep fairy would visit our house. If anyone has some good nap sleep training trips, I think we'd all love to hear them!!!

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"