Baby Names

Emmarie

I know this name will probably get beat up, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. I love the sound of Emery, hate the spelling. LOVE the looks of Emmarie, much more feminine appearance...but afraid it looks made up (I'm falling in love with it though and not sure I care!). DD1's name is Aveline, so we need something at least somewhat uncommon to go with it. And no we did not make up her name, it is the American spelling of the Irish name Aibhlinn meaning "longed for child". We love Emmeline, but its too matchy matchy with DD1. If you hate Emmarie, please leave a suggestion for a name that is not Emily that could have the nickname of Emmy. :)
BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Emmarie

• Emmarie seems like a smush name of Emma and Marie.. Have you thought of Emelia or just Emma?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Emmalyn, Gemma, or Clementine.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAutLuke:
    Emmarie seems like a smush name of Emma and Marie.. Have you thought of Emelia or just Emma?
    I really like Emelia, but DH vetoed it. :( Emma (or simply using Emmy) just seems so short compared to Aveline.

• imagesalt78:
    Emmalyn, Gemma, or Clementine.
    Oooh, I kinda like Gemma!

• If you must use emery, please spell it that way.

gemma is a great name

• Not a fan of the spelling Emmerie... I had to actually sound out the name when I saw it figure out that it was actually just Emery. Emerson? (some may say boyish... but I only know girls with this name)

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I'm not feeling Emmarie, sorry. I really like pp's suggestions of Clementine and Gemma. What about...

Ember

Esmeralda

Esme

September

Demetria

Noemi (naw-E-mee)

Temperance

Emerald

Mary Jane {12} Kaden {10} Eliza {4} Due Sept. '14

CafeMom Tickers

Considering . . . Agatha, Beatrix, Clara, Daphne, Isadora, Josephine, Matilda, Philippa, Tabitha, Winifred . . .
  • Love pp's suggestion of Gemma - great name!!

I'm not crazy about Emmarie, but I don't find it to be awful. If you and H love it - I say go for it.

• When my little sister was 3 years old, she couldn't decide whether she would name her doll Emily or Maria. So she smushed them together into Emmaria. You can do better than a three-year-old! I like the suggestions of Gemma and Emerald. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • I LOVE the name.  Very similar to my own (without the K), and I loved having a unique name growing up.  Meanwhile, I think Gemma sounds way more made up than Emmarie.     
    ---Kemery Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I don't like this name because it reminds me of Scooby Doo saying "Emily," but if you must, please go with Emery.
  • imagekemeryjean:
    I LOVE the name.  Very similar to my own (without the K), and I loved having a unique name growing up.  Meanwhile, I think Gemma sounds way more made up than Emmarie.     

Gemma is a REAL name been around for way more generations

• imagemagsugar13:

imagekemeryjean:
    I LOVE the name.  Very similar to my own (without the K), and I loved having a unique name growing up.  Meanwhile, I think Gemma sounds way more made up than Emmarie.     

Gemma is a REAL name been around for way more generations

This.

Love Gemma and love Clementine!  

• I don't know if that's actually true.  Though Emery (the initial name that gave off the choice) hasn't been on any popularity lists lately, that doesn't mean it's brand new. It's been around for ages as well and stems back to the tradition that the maiden name of the mother is passed down to be a mn or first name for the baby.  I still think if Emmy is the intended nickname, Gemma isn't going to get that done.  There have been some good suggestions if you do decide to change the name, but I still think this one's pretty.   
    ---Kemery Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Honestly, Emery is 1,000 times better, the way you spelled it is really bad.
    Me- 28 DH- 36 Diagnosis- MFI IVF baby #1- DD, 2 years old MC at 6 weeks in Feb 2011 (FET) IVF #2- BFP! IVF baby #2- DD, 4 months old
  • I have a little cousin who is Emeri. I know it's not spelled "correctly", but it's more feminine and a lot less made up than Emmarie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimage
  • My SIL named their new baby Emarie. They chose the name because SIL's middle name is Marie and they (maybe like you) didn't want their baby's name to be spelled like an emery board.

I love the way the name sounds, just the spelling takes some getting used to.

• imagekemeryjean:

This makes me LOL.  

OP - I give a thumbs down to Emmarie, but I do like Gemma. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually like Emmarie. Never have cared for Gemma.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • I seem to be the one or two exceptions on this post, but I don't think Emmarie is that bad.  I love the nn Emmy.  Actually I love the name Emmy.  Why don't you just use that for a first name?  i think it flows well with your daughters name.
  • I really like the name Emery/Emory - it was on my top 10 list for sure. Like you, I thought the spellings were a bit masculine (and too associated to the university and the nail file) and considered Emarie as an alternative. Other names I like are Emerson, Ellary, Everleigh, Ellison, and Embry. I'm really into the "E" names for some reason lol.

Good luck... If you love the name I say go for it - don't worry about what this board thinks. I've heard names A LOT worse than Emmarie in real life and on this board!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you all so much for all the great suggestions! Sorry I wasn't able to come back and comment along the way (I work nights and sleep all day). I know if we decide to go with Emmarie (or Emeri/Emarie...other good ideas to make it more feminine!) that not everyone will agree, but it is nice to know there are some who actually do like it and know others who have used something similar for the same reason! :)

• I love it!  Use it.  :)

Aveline & Emmarie <3 So cute. 

• 1) It looks made up

2) It still sounds like Emery, so I still think of the school or an emery board

3) Why not just got with Emma?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love the name! Love the spelling! My name is Emmarie!
  • EMMARIE IS AWESOME!
  • Gemma is OK, not bad. I like Emmaline but agree it's too matchy with your DD's name. I really hate Emory/Emery for a girl and I think Emmarie is bad. I love Marie though. 
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"