North Carolina Babies
Options

Any 3 year olds NOT potty trained?

I keep reading about these 2 year olds potty training...and success...and Jeremiah turned 3 back in October and he's still wearing pull ups.  He has days where he'll go to the potty and days where he won't....like today he pooped in the potty this morning, but this afternoon it was in his pull up.  We stopped pushing the issue because the GI doctor told us he was very backed up in his colon and we we have to give him miralax and we figured pushing the issue right now would make matters worse for all of us.  

Anyway, not really anything I can do or you can say...just feeling discouraged by all these younger kids having success and still changing diapers....5+ years of changing diapers and I'm SICK of it!!  LOL!   

Re: Any 3 year olds NOT potty trained?

• Options
    Caleb will be three next month, and I don't expect to be done at all! He's semi pee trained, but has not even really attempted to poop on the potty. We don't use any pull ups though, all underpants except when he's sleeping. I wouldn't worry about it - Jeremiah isn't that old. I think a lot of the potty trained 2 year olds are girls (and the boys are mostly just getting there!) 
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    We haven't even addressed Kira PTing overnight since she's almost always soaking in the morning -- I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she's still in a diaper overnight when she turns 5.  She still has occasional accidents during the day too -- accidents were actually quite regular until about a month before her 4th birthday and she's had a few already in January.  It sucks!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son was just about to turn 4 before he was PTd....it just took a while.  Lots of folks told me that boys are just harder, and that was no lie with mine ;)
    Married - October 16, 2005
    Mama to William Nathaniel - October 7, 2006

And Natalie Frances - June 24, 2010
  • Options
    Havent even started with katie because shes showing zero interest

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"