Potty Training

When did you start PT your DS?

My son turned 2 in November. He has gone both #1 and #2 (sporadically, pretty much just luck with the timing!) on the potty before.

We're TTC #2 and I'm starting to think more seriously about PTing.

When did you start? What were your steps? TIA! 

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you start PT your DS?

• Perfect timing for this post - I was just about to ask the same thing.  LO was 2 in December and has peed on the potty a few times but that's all.  I want to start but lots of people have told me he's too young!  I want to anyway - just not sure how to tell if he is ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has peed on the potty the last 4 nights and yesterday went about 4 times. Today he already went twice (after breakfast and before naptime)

We usually give him a little naked time after his bath/before bed anyway and a few nights ago told me that he felt "peepee" coming so we put him on his little potty chair. We tried every night since then and we make such a big deal out of it. 

We don't pressure him before he goes on it, I just take off his pants and have him sit there and then kind of walk away. But, when he does pee, we say yay, etc. and give high fives. 

I wasn't expecting it to start/happen this early, but if he can do it I'm all for it! I'm not sure how poop will work b/c we're having some issues with transition from the crib to the bed and he poops after I put him to bed (I think to get me back in there) so that might take some time.

Good Luck...both my mom and MIL tell me that all their kids (6 total) were PT before/at 2 years old. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We just PT DS. We started on Dec 26 (he turned 2 on 11/12). He's doing great - even with having a stomach bug this past week. He was super ready for quite some time but I held him off until DS2 was born (didn't want any regressions).

We put DS in underwear. We had constant accidents the first 1.5 days and then it clicked. Near the end of the week, we realized we were nagging him too much so my sister suggested getting the potty watch. This has been awesome - he gets excited every time it plays and we can set the time limit. We just went from having the potty watch go off every 30 minutes to every hour (I wanted to increase the time earlier this week but DH was scared to). So far so good! He's had a couple accidents but I expect a couple set backs especially since he's been sick (also with a cold).

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • we started at 21 months and she got the hang of it in 1 or 2 days!  i think it's harder the longer you wait.  this is the method we used - link. good luck!!!!
  • We just started and DS is 27 months...were also doing the 3 day method (not quiet working out for us).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"