Parenting
Options

Why are english muffins "fork split?"

Can someone please explain this to me?  Every time I buy them they say fork split on the package.  They are such a pain to pull apart.  Is there a good reason why they don't just slice them?

I feel better now that I've gotten my irrational rage about english muffins off my chest.

Re: Why are english muffins "fork split?"

• Options
    Well duh, if they were knife split (or cut) they lose their nooks and crannies (main reason why I will only buy Thomas english muffins --- all else pale in comparison)!  :)
  • Options
    Because you use a fork to split them Big Smile.
    Mommy to three adorable boys!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Because you are supposed to use a fork to pry them apart.

If you use a knife, you eliminate the nooks and crannies that the muffins are known for.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    Mmmm...Thomas English Muffins...I'm going to have one now.  I agree with the other PPs.  I don't find them that hard to pull apart.
  • Options
    I don't know...but you're making me want a bagel.
  • Options
    Yes, the pp are right - it's so they keep their nooks and crannies. ?However, I, like you, find them too difficult to pull apart and they drive me nuts. ?I wish there was a "knife sliced" option instead of just fork-split and unsliced. ?I will sacrifice my nooks and crannies for that.
  • Options
    I'm willing to guess that you would still have the nooks and crannies even if you cut it with a knife.  Those are created by air bubbles when they bake them, not by a fork.  Maybe I'm just buying the wrong kind.
  • Options
    The other night on Everybody Loves Raymond, Marie and Frank had a huge argument about this.  It was pretty funny. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"