Iowa Babies
Options

Is Mercy or Methodist better?

Does anyone have a preference between giving birth at Mercy or Methodist? I am planning on Mercy but have heard that Methodist is much better.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is Mercy or Methodist better?

• Options
    I just had my first and delivered at Methodist in June. I had a great experience but can't compare to Mercy. The Des Moines Nest board seems to be much more active than the Bump board so you might ask over there! With Methodist you have the luxury of being connected to Blank Children's Hospital should your baby need to be in the NICU. For some moms it isn't a concern, but for some it is an added peace of mind. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Mercy and will be again this time. I loved it! The NICU at Mercy is also top notch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Mercy! I think they are great there. Their NICU is great too. I'll be delivery my third baby at Mercy in June.
  • Options

imageMrsT624:
    I delivered at Mercy and will be again this time. I loved it! The NICU at Mercy is also top notch.

Ditto this. The Mercy NICU is amazing. The entire staff of the Women's Center there is amazing, actually. I had a terrific experience there.

When my friend delivered at Methodist last year, she encountered a lot of problems- most of which were from staff not doing their job. :( I was not impressed.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options

I delivered my baby girl in July at Methodist and I thought it was a great experience! The nurses were so nice and always attentive. The rooms are very nice, it's not all huge and fancied out like Mercy's, but I was very comfortable. Methodist is where i'm delivering my babies :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my first baby in May at Mercy. I had a wonderful experience. My Labor and Delivery Nurse ROCKED and all of the other nurses I had during my stay were all wonderful. The rooms are so nice and you have a awesome view to look at while you lay in bed for 2 or 3 days. I will be having all of my children at Mercy and I would say that I highly recommend them! Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"