Trouble TTC

ET Update :( (long)

I don't even know where to begin....

So this morning started off with a bang when we got a phone call at 5 a.m. to pick up our second order of chicks from the post office (which will ultimately become laying hens for our farm).  Upon opening the box 4 of the babies were dead and many of the others were on their way out.  I've never had this happen before so I was horrified.  I felt like it was a bad sign for the ET. 

Anyway, that story could go on for a while but I'll fast forward to ET.  We show up early, and have our plan in place... transfer one blast... hopefully we'll have about 6 snowbabies, based on what the doctor said...  I go back to the treatment room for a pre-transfer acupuncture session, and DH joins me there once I'm done.

Then the doctor comes in, and says "We have a lot we have to talk about" which is the kind of statement that makes your blood run cold.  It turns out my eggs looked a little funny from the beginning (more like a moon than a sun, thanks to vacuoles)... But everything was progressing well on Day 3 with 18 embryos in the "viable" category (normal progression, either good or fair grading.)  That's plenty, so they followed the usual protocol and pushed me to a Day 5 transfer. 

Between Day 3 and Day 5, apparently, everything went to $hit.  We were left with one "fair" pre-blast, and two "poor" compact morulas.  Everything else is graded poor and considerably further behind.  They will continue to culture them out until tomorrow and nurture them as best they can but there is little hope we will have anything to freeze.  We'll get the call on that tomorrow.

My RE, who had told us all along that we'd be transferring one, urged us to transfer all three to have a shot at pregnancy. She used the words "cautiously optimistic" about the outcome if we transferred all three but she also used the words "multiple IVFs" and "egg quality."

But about the three -- MH and I have never had the HOM discussion, the selective reduction discussion, or anything like that.  We had jointly agreed to transfer one embryo... and suddenly there we were with a bunch of fallen-behind embies and a doctor telling us to transfer three.  (And me, of course, half naked through all this.)

We did what the doctor recommended but there are so many questions now.  Why didn't the embryos make it?  Why were my eggs crappy?  Was it a one time fluke thing?  Was it the meds?  Was it the sperm?  We don't know.  And to be honest, I'm terrified of a triplets pregnancy (although I'm not sure which would be worse between that and not being pregnant at all.)  Oh!  And when the acupuncturist came in for the post-transfer treatment, and told her what happened she said "oh, I had a woman who transferred three embryos and get pregnant with triplets."

DH said it was the worst day of his life.  He was really strong, though, until the car ride home when we both pretty much fell apart.  I think I've had one day in my life that was worse than this, but I'm still feeling pretty lost right now.  All along, I was supposed to be the healthy one!  Now suddenly I might be broken too. 

We went in with so much hope and excitement (even talking about baby names on the drive down) and left shattered.  Pink's "Perfect" came on the radio on the drive home (the IF board theme song!) and I was fighting back tears until MH said to let it out... and we both basically sobbed.  We sobbed a couple more times on the ride home.

So... yeah.  Any prayers for sticky babies (but not too many sticky babies) would be appreciated.  Because these guys might be our only hope.  We're trying to stay strong and be positive but it's so hard.  We promised them we wouldn't give up on them, and that's what we've done for all of our "farm family" -- nursing chickens back to health when everyone said to give up!  So we're not giving up and hoping our little bean(s) stick, even though we're scared.

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

Re: ET Update :( (long)

• oh lynda - I'm so sorry this is happening to you.   I want you to try to stay positive during your 2ww - but know that you are not alone in this.   

I hope limpetfan reads this (shes on vacation) - b/c this sounds exactly like her experience.  And a bit like mine as well- I don't want you to be discouraged by our histories.   I am also scared to $hit about transferring 3 - but we may do that next cycle.

((hugs))

Let me know if you need anything or want to chat more.  

And sending you lots of sticky embie vibes...

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

• I'm sorry you've had such a rough day. I'll be thinking great sticky vibes for one embie for you! Stay strong! We are here to listen/be a shoulder to cry on/cheer you on!! 
    Me: 33, Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, DOR (AMH .35), DH: 38, Borderline low morph
    5/09- Off BCP, 5/09-9/09- No period, 9/09-9/10- Lots of Tests & accupuncture
    10/10 and 11/10- 2 rounds of Menopur + TI= BFNS
    12/10-IUI #1 Menopur = BFN
    1/11- IUI #2 Menopur = BFP, 2/11 missed mc at 9 weeks, D&C
    5/11- Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum
    6/11- IUI #3 Menopur = BFP, 8/11 missed mc at 11 weeks, D&C
    1/12- Lap and Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum (again) & scar tissue
    2/12- Stint Removal, 3/12 repeat SHG and HSG- showed scar tissue blocking right tube
    4/12- Operative hysteroscopy (again), RE said he can now see right tube (yay!)
    5/12- Stint removal, 6/12 repeat SHG and HSG-both tubes are open!
    8/12- IUI #4 Bravelle = BFN
    9/12-IUI #5 Bravelle = BFN
    1/13- IVF #1, micro-flare protocol, 7R, 6F, 5dt of 2 AA embryos, 1 to freeze = BFP
    Beta #1: 176, Beta #2: 422, EDD 10/8/13- it's TWINS!
    *PAIF/SAIF always welcome*
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh honey! I'm literally crying with you! I'm so so so sorry. WTF?!? How do you go from that many eggs to this situation? I just don't understand it.... SO many t's and p's being sent your way! I hope you get yourself a sticky baby (((GIANT HUGS)))
  • Oh sweetie :(

My heart hurts for you right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your chicks...how are the others doing now?

I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. I am so sorry about the news your RE delivered :(

I am praying for you! Lots of love and hugs! <3

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lynda, I am so sorry. (((Hugs)))

I will be praying for those little embryos every day.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Oh Lynda my heart is breaking for you that you didntcan't have bettera news today. I pray that one or two of those embryos hatch and implant and grow strong. I hope you can find some peace these next few weeks and that it all works out for you.

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • I am so sorry.  Thoughts and prayers to you, your husband, and those little beans.
    Me: 28 DH: 33
    MFI: zero sperm (using pre-chemo frozen samples)
    9/2011 IUI#1 + 50mg Clomid= BFN
    10/2011 IUI#2 100mg Clomid+Trigger=BFN
    11/2011 IUI#3 (Last before IVF)100mg Clomid+Trigger=BFN
    1/2012 IVF. ER 1/25 (18R 15M 15F) ET 1/29
    Photobucket Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry that you had to go through this today.  I'm sending you hugs and prayers and sticky thoughts your way!!!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. :(

Lynda, I am so sorry sweetie. What awful news - did your doctor explain what she thought happened with the eggs? Hopefully she has some information for you and DH after going through such a long and expensive cycle.

It sounds like it is just a waiting game now so I am sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Please let us know how you're doing over the next few days and how things go with your beta. (((Hugs))) In the meantime, try to be nice to yourself and relax as much as you can given the circumstances although I know that's probably pretty close to impossible.

I didn't realize you got acupuncture at PFC. Do you see Sara by any chance? I know she works there, but I go to her private practice. She is an absolute sweetheart.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • I'm so sorry Lynda! I wish I had words that would make you feel better. I'm definitely sending lots of prayers your way!!! If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you.
    Me: 25
    Dx PCOS (June 2006, re-confirmed March 2012), Anemia (May 2010-Still fighting to correct it), Fibromyalgia (May 2011)
    Initial b/w - normal
    HSG (March 2012) revealed right tube open and looking great. Left tube deformed with hydrosalpinx.
    Lap (April 2012) Removal of left fallopian tube. Right tube open and viable, but "rather enlarged." NO evidence of endometriosis...Uterus looks beautiful and "very capable" of carrying a pregnancy!
    October 2012 - Clomid 50mg + trigger + IUI = BFN
    With all factors taken into account, RE is recommending IVF. Planning on moving forward with treatment as a single woman using DS by Summer 2013.
    After 17 months of trying, Surprise BFP #1 2.15.2008 | EDD 8.7.2008 | Lost 2.16.2008
    After 2 more years of trying, Surprise BFP #2 1.29.2012 | EDD 9.11.2012 | Lost 1.29.2012
    Surprise BFP #3 3.27.2012 | EDD 12/2/2012 | Lost 4.1.2012
    imageimage
    someecards.com - Get a colonic?!? Some older lady said that's what she did to cure her infertility...Who knew a fancy enema and a sparkling clean ass would cure my infertility.
    My Blog Pinterest
  • Lynda, I am so incredibly sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine the day you have had. I am heartbroken for you. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and especially in my prayers. ((HUGS))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry hun.  Your post made me cry because I can't imagaine how shocked and sad this made you.  Especially on a day that should of been so hopeful.

I'll definitely send some prayers your way.  Just know I'm thinking about you and pulling for you.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh Lynda, I'm so sorry!! That has to be just heartbreaking news to get.  I will be thinking of your little embies and hope that one or two snuggle in for the long haul.  ((HUGS))

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I don't have a lot of insight, but I wanted to send my positive thoughts. I'm so sorry that all of this is happening to you. I'm hoping for the best for you and sending lots of sticky baby vibes!
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • I'm very sorry and sad to read this.  I hope it all works out for you.
  • ((((HUGE HUGS))))  I'm so so sorry things took such a big turn.  You are in my T&Ps for 1 super sticky awesome baby to come out of all of this.  ((((HUGS))))
    TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I'm so sorry, hon.  It isn't over yet.  But, I do understand that fear and sorrow.  ((HUGS))  Praying that you have one or two stick.  Don't give up on them just yet.

If you guys can do another cycle (or two).  Don't give up just yet.  There is hope.  Another former TTTCer had the same problem with vacules in her eggs and poor looking embryos.  They added HGH to her third IVF protocol and she ended up with two embryos to transfer.  She is now holding twin girls.  It can happen.

Keeping you, your DH and your embies in my T&Ps!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• I'm so sorry it didn't go as well as you would have liked, but I'll be praying for a sticky baby or two for you!  ((hugs))
  • imagepulga131:
    Oh honey! I'm literally crying with you! I'm so so so sorry. WTF?!? How do you go from that many eggs to this situation? I just don't understand it.... SO many t's and p's being sent your way! I hope you get yourself a sticky baby (((GIANT HUGS)))

I agree with pulga!  I was so excited for you when I heard how many eggs you got and I can't believe you are going through this.  I am so so sorry sweetie.  I am sending lots of T&P your way and sticky embie vibes also! 

Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • my heart is so broken for you :(  i'll be saying so many prayers for you and your husband that this works for you in spite of the bad news.
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
  • Lynda, I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. As the other ladies have said, don't give up and try to stay positive. I am sending you a world of sticky vibes for at least one of those embies to stick. (((HUGS)))
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Oh I am so very sorry.  I'm at a loss for words, but am sending you good thoughts and prayers.
    TTC#1 since July '10. DH: Borderline Morph. Me: age 33. Hypothyroidism.
    FSH #1: 10.9 (E2 80.7). FSH #2: 11.8 (E2 72.6). FSH #3: 9.1 (E2 36)
    AMH: 2.6. AFC: ranges 9-21. HSG: clear. SHG: normal.
    After 3 failed TI cycles, 3 failed IUI cycles, a couple of c/ps, we got our sticky baby on IUI #4 (first with injects).
    Feb '12 Clomid/Menopur/Ganirelix/IVIL/Heparin/Acupuncture + IUI #4= BFP!
    Baby girl born at 34 weeks on 10/16/12
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers <a href="http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/cnickis/Nicki Wedding/?action=view
  • Oh lynda.. I'm so so so beyond sorry it went that way. I wish there was anything that could make it better but there isn't. I will be praying hard for a sticky baby for you and your hubs. That whole "moon" thing seems like something they could have freakin mentioned before so you weren't blindsided. It's not like it was new from day 3. I'm so livid and sad with you. If I could, I'd give you the biggest irl hug ever.
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

• Lynda, I am so sorry to hear that you day went this way. After having so many eggs at your ER, I'm sure this is hard to swallow. I am sending prayers your way that 1 or 2 of your beans snuggle in. It seems like you and your DH are a strong team & I hope you both stay strong through this & come out with at least 1 take home baby!
    TTC since 7/10
    First RE appt 10/11
    Me- 29; DX- Stage II Endo & hydrosalpinx
    DH- 34 w/ "borderline morph"
    12/2011, 1/2012, & 3/2012- tamoxifen+TI= BFNs
    Lap- 4/11/12- removed ovarian cyst, adhesions, and repaired twisted tube
    IVF#1- BFN
    IVF#2- ER 10/14; Transferred 3 beautiful 8cells on 10/17; BFP! 10/29 beta#1- 152, beta#2- 378, beta#3- 755
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~ S/PAIF welcome ~
  • I'm so sorry you had to make that choice.  I hope one of them are your sticky baby. ((hugs))

MFI, Lap on 7/21/11 - Stage III/IV Endo and Polyps removed by D&C
    IVF #1 with ICSI - ER 1/20 (16R, 12M, 10F), ET 1/23 (1-10 cell and 1-8cell transferred), BFP on 1/31 Beta #1 on 2/3 = 68, Beta #2 on 2/6 = 261 EDD 10/12/12  
    Baby girl born 9/22/12

FET #1 - 9/16/13 - BFN

IVF #2 - ER 11/11/13 (24R, 18M, 16F), ET 11/16 (2 Grade A blasts)
    BFP on 11/23 Beta #1 = 76 EDD 8/2/14

• imagejalara48:

Oh Lynda and I am so sorry. It is unimaginable and I can't imagine the day you have gone through. Did they give any indication why or have theories? Did the embryologist speak to you?

You mentioned this might be your one shot - can you afford (mentally, financially) to cycle again?

I understand what it means to feel like your broken, but I can't imagine how you must feel right now. I am so so sorry.

Did you take the rest of the week off? It sounds like you and DH need some time. How are your chicks doing now?

I am so sorry Love I really am. If you want to talk (via PM, FB or IRL phone) send me an IM and we'll make it happen. Sometimes, no matter what, you just need a real life voice.

((hugs))

Jalara thanks so much.  I'm gonna send you a PM in a few mins once I get through responding :)

As for your questions --

Yes, the embryologist and RE both spoke to us for the better part of an hour.  They don't have any answers right now but I imagine we'll talk more if we get to the point of a WTF appointment.  

And we could hypothetically afford to cycle again, partly because we (THANK GOD) chose the package deal.  So if this doesn't work and there are no embies to freeze, we get 80% of our money back.  I am so, so glad that we did this... although I wish we went for the "multiple IVF cycle package" instead of the "1 fresh, infinite frozen for a year" package.  But oh well.  We obviously couldn't have foreseen this.  

We still had 14 chicks (out of 25) at last count but DH is going out to check on them again.  I hope that some of them pull through... just like my embies!

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• imagehootie123:

oh lynda - I'm so sorry this is happening to you.   I want you to try to stay positive during your 2ww - but know that you are not alone in this.   

I hope limpetfan reads this (shes on vacation) - b/c this sounds exactly like her experience.  And a bit like mine as well- I don't want you to be discouraged by our histories.   I am also scared to $hit about transferring 3 - but we may do that next cycle.

((hugs))

Let me know if you need anything or want to chat more.  

And sending you lots of sticky embie vibes...

Thanks so much Hootie.  Isn't it awesome to be the "special case" (out of all of the special cases)?!?  The doctor was talking about how this is just so very unusual... sigh.  

In a way maybe it was easier that we were in shock when we decided to transfer three... than to have to consider it and think about it rationally for a longer time period.  But yeah, holy cr@p, it is a crazy decision. 

Thanks again. 

• Sweetie I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I am sending you lots of thoughts and prayers and you travel down this long scary road. We are all here for you if you or your DH ever need anything. I hope that you are able to get the answers that you deserve.
    TTC #1 since March 09 4 rounds of Clomind = BFN IUI #1 1/19/11 = BFP Beta #1 2/3 = 12, Beta #2 2/7 = 24, Beta #3 2/9 = 24 Chemical Preganancy IUI #2 2/28/11 = BFN IUI #3 3/30/11 = BFN IVF #1 ER 5/26, 30 retrived, 19 fertilized and 9 frozen ET 5/31 1st beta - 6/13 BFP 636! 2nd beta - 6/15 1510 3rd beta - 6/17 2700 missed m/c 7/8/11 8w1d d&c 7/11/11 ttcal FET schedule for 10/6/11 Beta #1 10/19 - 628 Beta #2 10/21 1337 Beta # 10/24 2817 missed m/c at 7 weeks. FET #2 2/21 transferred 2 perfect snowbabies. Please let this be it! Beta #1 3/5 - 1,589! image
  • imageMsGMChick:
    Oh lynda.. I'm so so so beyond sorry it went that way. I wish there was anything that could make it better but there isn't. I will be praying hard for a sticky baby for you and your hubs. That whole "moon" thing seems like something they could have freakin mentioned before so you weren't blindsided. It's not like it was new from day 3. I'm so livid and sad with you. If I could, I'd give you the biggest irl hug ever.

We totally felt this way too.  Like -- even having that one piece of information ahead of time would have made today a tiny bit better... because then we wouldn't have been totally blindsided, thinking that everything was going perfectly.  I understand that they only look at the embryos on the morning of Day 3 and morning of Day 5 so they wouldn't have known how many would arrest -- but they at least could have told us to prepare ourselves. 

• imagenycitygirl1:

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. :(

Lynda, I am so sorry sweetie. What awful news - did your doctor explain what she thought happened with the eggs? Hopefully she has some information for you and DH after going through such a long and expensive cycle.

It sounds like it is just a waiting game now so I am sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Please let us know how you're doing over the next few days and how things go with your beta. (((Hugs))) In the meantime, try to be nice to yourself and relax as much as you can given the circumstances although I know that's probably pretty close to impossible.

I didn't realize you got acupuncture at PFC. Do you see Sara by any chance? I know she works there, but I go to her private practice. She is an absolute sweetheart.

Honestly in the chaos of the appointment I can't 100% remember my acupuncturist's name but I think it was Sara... is she the one with the practice in W. Marin?  If so, she was totally wonderful and such a calming influence on a really awful day.  Say hi for me -- she'll remember me as the Sonoma farmer who gave her eggs!  

• Oh Lynda, I am so incredibly sorry. I cant even begin to imagine the emotions you and your DH are feeling right now - my heart goes out to you both.

You and your DH will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am hoping that one of those embies stick around for the long haul.

(((HUGS)))

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• I'm so sorry you've had such a tough day. You and your embies are definitely in my prayers.
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
    Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Oh hunny. I am so sorry that you did not get better news. I do hope that you are able to be at peace with everything. I am praying for you and your little beans. big hugs to you and your husband.
  • So sorry.  Wish I had words to make it better.  Hang in there.  IF SUCKS!
  • Lynda, I'm so so sorry for you and your DH. I can't imagine how you're both feeling right now. You'll be in my prayers.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• I am sooo sorry.  My heart breaks that you had to go through such a traumatic experience.  Special prayers for you and your husband!  So many of us put all of our eggs in one basket and it's simply not fair to have to go through so much.  I hope you get a sticky baby (but not three) out of this.  (((hugs)))
  • This really makes me want to go into the fetal position and have a good long cry. I am so shocked and saddened by this turn of events. I don't even have words to describe it. I'm so sorry that things turned out this way for you.

I just went to the mandatory IVF meeting yesterday, which was mostly a waste of time, but there were a few things I learned. One was that our lab freezes embryos at two different stages. Either immediately after it fertilizes normally, and/or at the blastocyst stage. Anyone who has over 10 embryos has some frozen early because they survive the freeze/thaw process at a much higher rate. Then the remainder are cultivated, the best one(s) put back, and any remaining of good enough quality are frozen. If you have to do it again, perhaps ask about this so at least they don't go to sht all at once. I'm still in disbelief.

You're still not out as poor looking embies can survive just fine! Hold onto hope! We are all rooting for at least 1 sticky bean!

Photobucket
  • I'm so sorry things didn't go well today Lynda, that must have been really difficult for you guys :( Many T&Ps for a sticky baby. Everything crossed for you my dear.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• I'm so sorry that you didn't get better news. I'll keep praying for you.
    me 26 / DH 29
    TTC#1 since 5/2010 (charting, AO)
    2/2011: DX: PCOS, hypothyroid (1700 mg Metformin, 50 mcg Synthroid)
    8/10/2011: First RE appt.
    9/2011 & 10/2011: Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    11/2011: Femara + Ovidrel + TI = BFN
    1/2012: Femara + Follistim + Ovidrel + TI = BFP! (Praise the Lord!)
    ?3/23/2012: Graduated from the RE... moving on to a regular OB!?
    ?10/29/2012: Our precious baby boy was born via emergency C-section. 5 lbs, 13 oz; 18" long ?

Anniversary
  • Lynda...I am so sorry. I cannot believe this happened with the amount of eggs they got! I can't imagine the type of day you had. First off, and I am sorry if you already answered this (I didn't read all of the answer posts) what happened to the chicks? I hope they are okay! Secondly, I am sending many many thoughts and prayers for those 3 little fighters  in there! I hope you don't have to make any tough decisions down the road related to triplets, but I hope 1 or two of them stick for you! Hugs!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"