March 2011 Moms

weaning and other such drama...

I haven't been on in a VERY long time.. probably since right before DS arrived and I had all the free time in the world LOL...

Anyway, I am weaning my son from the breast (it has been almost a week). I am finally starting to feel a little bit better, still a little engorged and tender but feeling MUCH better. It was really strange because I felt so ready to be done BF and then once I hadn't done it for a full day it was a saddening. It makes me realize DS is growing up :( I would love to have another LO and this emotional rollercoaster of weaning and DS turning one very soon makes me want one all the sooner. We're going to try to hold out trying for another LO until July/August... we'll see.

Anyone else feeling the same??

Re: weaning and other such drama...

• I find myself thinking about when the right time for number two would be it.   Though when I do think about it. .. I know I am not quite ready.

I have started planning Derrick's first birthday but we have not weened yet.  I know that will be emotion.   I have had 10 months of knowing even if he does not feel like his solids that day or doesn't drink a lot of water.  He is still going to get what he needs from breast milk.  I have been trying to cut down the breast feeding sessions, but I need to start learning about how to ween.

I hope you get through the emotional and enjoy the next stage.  thank you for sharing how you are feeling because this is something I am trying to prepare myself for.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"