Georgia Babies
Options

A runaway neighbor, and a possum

Ok, so the only way to make this not really long is with bullet points.

• Our neighbor moved out suddenly.
  • His parents showed up with a moving truck. No one saw him during the move.
  • No one knows where he is.
  • A few days ago John noticed the blinds in the front of the house were really messed up.
  • Last night after a late night Target run I noticed a possum sitting in the front window of the runaway neighbor's house.
  • This morning we made sure our house was secure (we live in a town house and share a wall with the possum house)
  • We called the police to see what we could do since the possum is not on our property.
  • They said we would need to call code enforcement and we did. They should look into it within 24 hours.

Anyone else ever have something like this happen? I am in no way thrilled about living next door to a possum. Any other ideas on how we can get to the bottom of what happened to our neighbor and/or get the possum removed and his entrance route into the neighbor's house sealed up?

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
DS-6
c/p- April 2016
missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

Re: A runaway neighbor, and a possum

• Options

That's crazy, and be careful because possums are mean!

We had a squirrel get into our attic last week through a small hole left by a contractor.  We called a wildlife removal company, which is what I might do if I were you.  They could do a check of your home for potential points of entry, set traps, and seal up any vulnerable spaces.  We chose a no kill company that trapped the squirrel in less than 48 hours, picked him up and relocated him about 30 miles away.

I have no idea how you would find out about the runaway neighbor's status, that type of mystery would drive me bonkers!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This gets my vote for best post ever.

Do you know if any of the windows or doors were left open/unlocked? I *might* try to evacuate the critter myself if I could get in. Is there an HOA or anything that would be responsible for the property? 

Are you SURE it was a possum and not a badly damaged cat? ;)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No HOA- it is a fee simple community.

The police verified that his house is completely locked up and secure.

We did call an exterminating company that seemed fully willing to break and enter to get the creature as long as we paid them. Not too sure about the breaking and entering part.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options
    Are you sure that your neighbor wasn't actually a possum? He had to get in there somehow, so hopefully he has already gotten out!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Is your neighbor dead?  Sorry.  Your comment reminded me of when parents came and emptied out the apartments of my neighbors who died in the world trade center. 
  • Options
    I hope he didn't die, but I suppose it is a possibility. No one knows what happened. He kept to himself for the most part.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options
    Do you know his name?  Or could you find it on property tax records or in the phone book?  I would check the obits and the police website that lists all the people put in jail recently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He has the most common first AND last name on the face of the planet, but yes it is worth a look to  find out what happened.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Options

That's craziness!

We used Arrow Exterminators to clear up a little pigeon/squirrel problem we had in our attic a few years ago. They did a good job and were pretty reasonably priced.

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"