Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby sitting

My son is going to be 4 months old and  i havent let anyone keep him for long period of times. My sister n law is angry because i wont let her pick him up one morning and bring him back that evening. All day..... No thats too much too soon. She said im being rediculous? Do any of u feel like 3 an half months is a little too soon?

Re: Baby sitting

• Options

I would love for my SIL to do something like that. 

But really it's up to you. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter is 5 months and I am not comfortable leaving her for long periods of time still. The longest I have been away from her is an hour to go the the grocery store and that felt like too long. I don't think you are being ridiculous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I totally agree with you!  Before I had my son I thought I would be an on the go mom, carting him all over, working full time, and taking him to daycare at 3 mos.

None of that has happened.  I am working, but only two days a week and my husband is here for most of the day and we just hired a nanny to come for 2-3hours those days until I get home.

For me, I feel like he's needy right now, and we've got a groove going with our days.  He's sleeping well and I don't want to mess it up.  Other people don't seem to respect a lot of what you are doing with you baby so it's hard to let them go.  Especially for the whole day.

I wish I could let go a little.  But I think it will be easier when he's a bit older.  Don't worry. You're fine!

• Options
    My son is 3 months and has been to my friend's house from 8am untill 5pm. I started leaving for that long period since he was a month old. It all depends on your comfort level with your sil. For me my friend has raised two children they are healthy and independent adults. Also my friend follows my routine for him to the letter. This helped us get sleep and for me to go do work related stuff.
  • Options

I've never left my DS with anyone other than his daddy for any longer than for an hour or two.  I just don't see the need.  I love spending time with him, and if I DID leave him, I'd just be missing him the whole time.  Why would I want to? 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    We left DD for a day around 2 months (with my parents), and it was fine, but...if you're not comfortable yet, that's okay! Just set your boundary, and stick to it. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty. Maybe you could suggest that your SIL spend the day at your house? She could watch LO while you get some stuff done. Win win for both of you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is 4 months old and I am the same way! It's totally up to you and I think thats a rude comment for your SIL to make. MOMMY knows best :)
  • Options
    ThAnks soooo much.  Makes me feel better. An he is my first also. But uour reply really helps
  • Options
    An its not like sil doesnt see him. I go there about 3x a week an stay for 3 + hours an she has him the whole time. Yet she still says im selfish an dont want him attached to anyone but me. If that the case i damn sure wouldnt b there all the time. We always been close but now she feels it her way or no way.... Well guess what... Not this time
  • Options
    Thanks... Yea it was rude an did hurt my feelings but im not worrying with anything cept whats best for him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"