1st Trimester

How did/will you announce it when they live far away?

So my inlaws live 6 hrs away, and we are thinking about sending them some sort of package to announce the pregnancy around 12 weeks.

I keep finding random ideas, but I want something super personal, but still something that's gotta make them think... my pos. pregnancy test in a frame is cute idea, but a non-brainer, I think... anyone have any REALLY GOOD ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How did/will you announce it when they live far away?

• If you want to send them something, you could send a grandparents frame that has a note where the photo goes saying, "Photo coming [EDD]"

We just called our parents to tell them.  We have a family blog where we post weekly updates of DD, so to let our extended family in on the news, we'll be putting a pic of DD holding a sign saying she's going to have a little brother or sister for one of the upcoming updates.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We're going to Skype with the ILs when the time comes.  Probably with DD in a big sis shirt.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • So we've had two ideas, our 10 week ultrasound is just before my mom's birthday, so we thought we'd send her a birthday card addressed to "Grandma."

We live really far from both our families, so we figured this would be more exciting than a phonecall.

Valentine's day is around the same time, so we were thinking we would send Valentines to all our relatives made out to the appropriate title (Uncle, Great Grandma/pa, Aunt, etc) and wait for the reaction.

The second idea is that our family dog is a really big member of our family and all of our distant family love him too, so we thought we might take a picture of him with a rattle in his mouth and a sign around his neck that says, "I'm going to be a big brother!" and mail those instead.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemlf625:
    We're going to Skype with the ILs when the time comes.  Probably with DD in a big sis shirt.

What we're doing as well 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm thinking that I want to be REALLY Mean and just go visit them with a belly in April!  If we can't wait that long then we'll send a Valentines greeting (photo) with our dogs and hubby and I holding out our u/s pic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My boyfriend's family lives in Guatemala, but we are lucky enough to Skype with them quite often. His family consists of 7 brothers and sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, both parents, 3 nieces/nephews, grandmothers on both sides, and that is just the family that lives in the huge house that he grew up in! We are going to Skype with them sometime soon to tell them the news, and I hope that they can all squeeze into a room and turn their speakers up!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Two of our three sets of parents are far away from us, so we're going to tell them over Skype. I'm a scrapbooker and crafter, so I'm going to get a shirt that says "I'm so crafty, I make people" and wear it when we Skype. I also want to show them our first sonogram photo, so we're waiting until after that happens, which is in about a week and a half. I'm almost too excited to wait another week and a half, but we're going to.
    Ashley Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"