Military Families

30th Bday Ideas - Deployed DH

Ok ladies.. I really need your help. My DH is deployed in Afghanistan and his 30th Birthday is in 3 weeks. I need some cute/clever/great ideas as to what to do for him...

I want to make it special because he's turning 30, and wouldn't mind a gift that he can use/have when he comes home this summer. (Totally thought about a vacation, but it's just not a feasible surprise to book with his job - when he gets home we will be have to PCS within 30 days).

Maybe something cute/clever to send him and then the actual gift when he gets home (maybe a picture of the gift in a birthday box?? ) 

Any sweet/nice/great ideas appreciated?

He's very sporty, loves cars, adventures, etc. Typical guy stuff.

Thank you for anyone that helps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 30th Bday Ideas - Deployed DH

• My husband really likes his survival staps keychain I got him.

www.survivalstraps.com

• My DH was deployed during his (and my) 30th.  We wanted to have a "60th" birthday party when he came home and have everyone dress up accordingly.  

Another idea is "cake in a jar" that ships well. You can make a special recipe for him and send it.  I think it stays pretty good for a couple of weeks or more, as you seal it before sending.  

Finally, there's a cute website called "old time candy" or something similar--you can send him some oldies-but-goodies from there. 

• Loading the player...
  • My husband was deployed for his 40th. I emailed all of our friends and family and had them send cards or small gifts (lots of iTunes gift cards and magazines).  I had over 75 people send things, which filled two boxes, and then I sent a third box with cake in a jar, icing, 40th party plates and hats, and snacks for his guys.  He LOVED it, as it was a great reminder of all the people who were thinking of him while he was gone but wouldn't have been likely to be in touch otherwise.
  • DH is deployed for his 30th birthday and I plan on making and sending him something similar to this: https://pinterest.com/pin/3659243416960683/

It's not exactly sweet, but he'll laugh.  We plan on taking a mini-vacation when he gets back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepesci12:

DH is deployed for his 30th birthday and I plan on making and sending him something similar to this: https://pinterest.com/pin/3659243416960683/

It's not exactly sweet, but he'll laugh.  We plan on taking a mini-vacation when he gets back.

That's so cute! I'm sorry, I have no suggestions, I'm just being nosey.

• imagepesci12:

DH is deployed for his 30th birthday and I plan on making and sending him something similar to this: https://pinterest.com/pin/3659243416960683/

LOVE THIS!! I'm sooo not crafty.. how do you plan on making it (and being able to fit it in the flat rate box)??

• I'm going to try to get it to fit it sideways in a medium-sized flat rate box. I think I'll follow the instructions and if I can't find a small enough box to decorate, I will use a small plastic flower pot instead.  It doesn't look too difficult.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepesci12:
    I'm going to try to get it to fit it sideways in a medium-sized flat rate box. I think I'll follow the instructions and if I can't find a small enough box to decorate, I will use a small plastic flower pot instead.  It doesn't look too difficult.

I didn't see the instructions, until you pointed it out =) 

LOL I'm silly.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"