Birth Stories

Positive induction story!

At my last appt, I had told the Dr that I was thinking about being induced. Mainly because I just wanted him here.  I know, shelfish, but whatever.  I got a call on Dec 27th from my dr saying he wanted me to have a growth u/s to make sure he wasn't going to be a 'big baby' bc of the GD. I call and was able to be seen in like 15 mins.  Got to see Oliver moving around and the high risk dr said he was going to be 8, 8 1/2. (yea, he was 7.4)  As far as I knew, I was still set for the induction at 3 pm.  Get to the hospital and check in.  They started me on cervidil at 4 pm.  I got dinner and just relaxed basically.  The nurse came in at 4 am and removed the cervidil, was told that I could take a shower and they were going to start the pitocin at 5am. Got on the pitocin and had the nurse check me, (before I was just kinda soft) I was 1-2 cm!  The nurse asked what my game plan was.  I told her that I really want to wait to get the epi when I'm 4-5 cm or when my water breaks.  She agreed and said that the Dr wouldn't like it.  I said, I'm sure, but its my body and I can pick what I want and she agreed again.  What a great nurse!!She said that she loves it when patients are in the know.  Dr walks in, says oh, you are only 1 cm, and lets go ahead and break your water.  I said, no.  I would rather wait to see what happens. He did not like me the rest of the day!  So I labored on the ball, in the rocking chair and was walking the halls.  The pain was getting really uncomfortable, so I asked her to check me again, I think around 1pm and I was 3 cm.  I ask if I could have something to take the edge off a little, and she got me some stadol.  I kinda napped between contractions.  After the stadol wore off I got back on the ball and my water broke!  Thank goodness!  The nurse came in, called anesthesia, that was at 3:15.  He arrives at 3:45 and it took them 45 mins to get it in.  Apparently, my spine isn't straight and couldn't get it in.  They had to call the head of anesthesia to come fix it.  The nurse stopped the pit bc of how long it took them to get it.  Once the epi kicked in, I was so relaxed.  I progressed pretty good too, 5 cm at 4:30, 7 cm at 7. At that point, shift change and got another wonderful nurse.  It also helped that they were friends out of work too.  Baby was still high, so she wanted me to sit up more in the bed.  I guess that worked, because at 8 I was 8 cm and +1 station. And at 8:30 I was 9 cm!!   I couldn't believe how well I was responding to the induction.  I was starting to feel pressure, so I would push a little every time I felt it. I guess that worked because at 9:22 I started to really push.  I couldn't hold my breath for as long as they wanted to.  I kept getting dizzy and lightheaded.  So I just pushed for as long as I could.  Oliver was born at 9:56 pm on Dec 28th.  He was 7 lbs, 4 ounces, 21 inches long.  I ended up with a 2nd degree tear too.

Thanks for reading!!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Positive induction story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"