June 2012 Moms

calling all boy moms

Until my SS, I didn't have experience with little boys, and I didn't get to be his stepmom until he was 5. I was a nanny (au pair) all 4 years in college but to a little girl. And when we were trying to conceive and all these 4 years from then til now, DH and I both wanted a girl.

Its been a week since we found out we're having a boy. We are thrilled that our son is healthy and fall in love with him all over again every time we see a u/s. But I feel like a horrible mom for being so unprepared and nervous that he's a boy. What are baby boys like? What if I'm not good at it?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: calling all boy moms

• Boys are amazing little versions of men. I love my sons. I was the opposite of you. I had 2 boys first and was terrified to have a lil girl. Amazingly enough maternal instinct kicks in immediately and you just know what to do some how. IMHO I think boys are easier to clean when changing diapers, they're easier to dress cuz you don't have to worry about matching accessories ect. You'll be amazed how you will just click and mom mode will take over. It's sooooo much fun. You'll be an amazing mom, don't worry about it.

BabyName Ticker image IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Male babies are no different then female babies Smile. Granted, there are different ways to clean the diaper area, but other then that, not much of a difference. You'll be amazing at parenting your little boy, don't start thoughts like that. 

What are baby boys like? Baby boys are sweet things that love their momma more then anything in the world. They love to be talked to and looked at. They love to look around at their world. They love to be held and cuddled. Baby boys are amazing, if I do say so myself (not to knock baby girls, those are pretty wonderful and amazing too, I just don't have one). 

Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that's what I'm really desperately hoping for. That mommy instinct. I hope I have it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagechouli77:
    I think that's what I'm really desperately hoping for. That mommy instinct. I hope I have it.

Don't worry.  You will.  I was totally amazed by how mine kicked in...and it happened the moment I saw him for the first time.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love my little boy who is currently sleeping with his head in my lap! I'm actually nervous to have a little girl. Little boys like dirt and trucks and tractors and their puppy dogs. If day my boy is a momas boy but he lives hanging out with daddy too. The have a ton of energy but the best way to channel that is to just play. We rough house ALOT! He loves wrestling on the bed! You'll be a great mom and baby boys are easy! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I understand how you feel. I haven't found out the sex yet, but I have a very strong feeling it's a boy. Which thrills me, but scares the crap out of me. I feel like I'll be so lost raising a boy- I only know girls. I know it will be fine, but for now I'm nervous about it.

• I was the same way when I found out I was having a boy. My son is now 3 going on 4 and he is my world. I was the same my family has all girls so I only took care of girls. There are things I still am nervous about like when he gets older. But I really think you will do fine and when you finally meet your son most of your fears will go away.
  • imageDiscordia1030:

What are baby boys like? Baby boys are sweet things that love their momma more then anything in the world. They love to be talked to and looked at. They love to look around at their world. They love to be held and cuddled. Baby boys are amazing, if I do say so myself.

That is so sweet! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dont worry! Your natural instinct will kick in and from the moment you hold him it will seem only natural that you have a son. Other than a little difference when changing their diapers, baby boys are just like baby girls. They are sweet and warm and cuddly and rely on you for their love and care. As they get older they are adventurous and fun, active and sweet. Don't worry, you'll be a great mom to your little boy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Check out this website of fun boy stuff and see if it doesn't help inspire some excitement: https://www.allfortheboys.com/

You'll be just fine, Mama! Big Smile

Sassy but polite. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Absolutely nothing to be nervous about. Little boys are charmers who love their mamas. They are full of life and take the bull by the horns. I have loved our journey with a little boy. So much fun.
  • This post makes me so happy to have a son and another little dude on the way.  What everyone else says about boys loving their momas is completely true.  DS snuggles with me, shops with me (which includes giving me a yay or nah in the dressing room), and is also super active.  He can run in circles for hours but will turn it off in a second for a good hug.

You'll do great and instantly fall in love. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Aw, you will do just fine. I used to nanny for a boy, but I still didn't have hin in the newborn stage and my son is fine. I was worried about his circumcision, like i would mess up his peepee, but they teach you what to do...if you choose that route. That's the only big difference in newborn babies. Boys are crazy little creatures though, but sure love their mommies :) (Girls love their mommies too)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"