Georgia Babies

4 month milestones?

When I was at the pedi for our sick visit yesterday, the doc ran Cecil through his paces. I saw her trying to get him to put weight on his legs and I told her flat out I couldn't get him to do it. His 4 month check isn't for another two weeks and she said if it hadn't improved by then, that we might look into PT. But when she laid him on his back, he pushed back on her hands with his feet pretty strongly and that seemed to satisfy her. He kicks like crazy and I've been on the receiving end of a kick or two. She joked that he might just be too heavy (at 16 weeks, he weighs 17 lbs. 12 oz. and is 26.5").

I didn't realize this was something they looked for THAT early. PT at four months? Really? I'm more inclined to go with the lazy, fat boy syndrome. Anyone else have experience with this? All his other muscle/motor functions are right on.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 4 month milestones?

• I don't have direct experience but my nephew is 8 months and refuses to sit up on his own.  My SIL said she was told they may need to do PT if he isn't doing it at his next visit.  He is also a BIG boy so I don't know if it is laziness or his size or what.  Everything else is great so I don't think anyone is concerned.  I think he just doesn't want to do it.  Anyway, I suppose that's my way of saying I'm sure Cecil is fine!  :)  good luck!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • That does seem early to me.  I don't remember them even asking about it until 6 months with ansley.  At 4 months they just wanted to make sure she could roll at least in1 direction.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelindzed:
    At 4 months they just wanted to make sure she could roll at least in1 direction.

Really?! Geneva didn't even roll until 5 months or so. And Mr. Big ain't going anywhere anytime soon. He does like to sit up, though. He may be an early sitter like his sister.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It seems like she was just bringing it up and said it might be a possibility, not a recommendation.  I don't think it's anything to worry about too much for now.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemyrall:

imagelindzed:
    At 4 months they just wanted to make sure she could roll at least in1 direction.

Really?! Geneva didn't even roll until 5 months or so. And Mr. Big ain't going anywhere anytime soon. He does like to sit up, though. He may be an early sitter like his sister.

Ansley couldn't roll either that's just the only thing I remember them even asking.  I think usually that is a milestone they look at before bearing weight, but I totally could be wrong.  

• imagelindzed:
    imagemyrall:

imagelindzed:

Ansley couldn't roll either that's just the only thing I remember them even asking.  I think usually that is a milestone they look at before bearing weight, but I totally could be wrong.  

Sorry I just realized my first post made it sound like that they were supposed to roll before 4 months.  I actually just meant that's all they asked.

• I think this site is one of the bests it's the one from the academy of pediatrics.  Both rolling and bearing weight are all in the 4-7 month buckets, so nothing to worry about.

https://www.healthychildren.org/english/ages-stages/baby/Pages/default.aspx

• imagelindzed:

I think this site is one of the bests it's the one from the academy of pediatrics.  Both rolling and bearing weight are all in the 4-7 month buckets, so nothing to worry about.

https://www.healthychildren.org/english/ages-stages/baby/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks!

• Myra do not worry, Cecil is just fine. I can't believe he is almost 4 months.  BTW he is actually about the size of A and she is 11 months (lol). 
  • Avery just had her 6 month appt last week and the dr. directly asked us that very question.  It was not asked at our 4 month appt and honestly kind of suprised that they asked you that before 4 months.  Talk about high expectations!  All that to say, I'm sure he's fine and give you a perspective from another pedi.. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Trevor was slower to bear weight and to pull up to a standing position. His big guy status did not keep him from rolling both ways at 4 months and crawling at 7 months though. So Cecil might surprise you with some of the other milestones.

I wouldn't worry about this..he sounds just perfect :)

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"