July 2012 Moms
Options

Does Oil of Olay Regenerist line have Retinol?

I just read through someone's post about retinol and am now worried about the line I use DAILY. Does Oil of Olay Regenerist line have retinol? I tried to look it up online and I can't find an ingredient list on Olay.com. (I'm at work so I can't check the bottles). I use the Night Recovery Cream and the Regenerating Serum.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

Re: Does Oil of Olay Regenerist line have Retinol?

• Options

Night Recovery Cream: WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, POLYETHYLENE, NIACINAMIDE,* DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE, STEARYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL,? PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4,? TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,** LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, ARNICA MONTANA FLOWER EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,?? ALANINE, ARGININE, BETAINE, GLYCINE, LYSINE, PROLINE, SERINE, THREONINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, SODIUM PCA, SORBITOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SUCROSE POLYCOTTONSEEDATE, ALLANTOIN, PETROLATUM, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, CETYL RICINOLEATE, DISODIUM EDTA, PEG-100 STEARATE, PEG- 10 DIMETHICONE, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, RED 40, BLUE 1.?? *VITAMIN B3 ?PRO-VITAMIN B5 ?AMINO-PEPTIDE **VITAMIN E ??GREEN TEA

Regenerating Serum:CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, GLYCERIN, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, NIACINAMIDE,* DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL,? BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4,? CARNOSINE,? TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,** CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,?? ALLANTOIN, CETYL RICINOLEATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID, FRAGRANCE.?? *VITAMIN B3 ?PRO-VITAMIN B5 ?AMINO-PEPTIDE **VITAMIN E ??GREEN TEA

I managed to find them on the Olay site, but they were pretty buried.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for doing that! I really appreciate it!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There are few ingredients in those products that are considered "Class C" ingredients.  Depending on how conservative your OB is, they may or may not tell you to stay away it.  From my understanding if it's rated "Class C" there has usually been some kind of fetal development problem when it has been consumed through oral contraceptives.  Of course, no one tests the topical versious on pregnant women, so the effects are unknown.  Some OB's will say it's totally okay, just don't eat it.  My OB is more conservative and advised me to stay away from those products.  Most wrinkle/night cream type products will contain those kinds of ingredients.

This stuff has really stressed me out, and I opted to go with Belli brand products made for pregnant women.

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ is a great website that will tell you the developmental/reproductive toxicity of any product.  Talk to your OB, and don't worry!  I have read so many different opinions on these kinds of products, and think it all boils down to people just not knowing...

Here is a link to the ratings the products you mentioned:

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/144805/OLAY_REGENERIST_NIGHT_RECOVERY_MOISTURIZING_TREATMENT/

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/121823/Olay_Regenerist_Daily_Regenerating_Serum%2C_Concentrated_Amino-Peptide_Complex%2C_Fragrance_Free/

• Options
    They are called "Category C" drugs when they have shown an adverse effect on the fetus of an animal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"