Austin Babies
Options

Weight loss/Get healthy Check in

How is everyone doing? I'm a little on the frustrated side.Yes I've lost weight but it's only been 2-3 lbs the last couple weeks. I get frustrated because "normal" people can eat healthier without cutting out everything  and stay under 1200 calories and lose weight 1-2 lbs a week. I've cut out so much stuff and am eating under 1200 calories and am losing 1-2 lbs a week. My nutrition counselor is telling me to be patient. The Candida in my body could just be stubborn and I could still be detoxing. I should be happy since this is the first time since DS was born that I have been able to lose anything. Forcing myself to stay positive. This past week I'm starting to notice the difference in my clothes. I also plan on going back to the gym.

How much do y'all fluctuate in weight throughout the day?  I can fluctuate as much as 5lbs in the am compared to pm. I go by the am weight and I'm sticking to that.

Re: Weight loss/Get healthy Check in

• Options

I think I fluctuate by about three pounds, but I don't know for sure. I can't weigh myself twice a day or every day because it would drive me insane.

Also, I totally get your frustration. There were so many times when I felt like I was doing everything right and I'd see a gain on the scale. Hang in there.

I've had some trouble on maintenance recently. I'm doing okay and haven't gained, but I'm missing sweets much more than I used to. Any one have ideas for healthy sweets in addition to fruit?

Also, I decided to quit my group running program. I made a good group of friends in the last training season, but they quit training after the half marathon. Then I got sick and couldn't go for a month. The last two times I went back, the group ended up kind of splintering. So I've been kind of bummed out about that. I ran 9 miles alone this weekend and it was okay, but I missed having company. On the other hand, it was the fastest I've ever run nine miles!

• Options
    Hang in there! You are doing awesome. My weight fluctuates a lot during the day also. I count my official weight first thing in the morning before I get dressed.

I am one-week into the 3 month weight loss challenge and I'm down 4.2 pounds, BUT I will admit that I didn't use my first thing in the morning weight for the initial weigh-in.

I've been good every day except Saturday night..I had a little too much wine and that led to eating two cookies, which is really showing self-control for me. I've walked 6 out of the past 7 days.

I'm feeling great and staying motivated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto the others - hang in there!  I think you are doing great. Patience is definitely something you need to keep in check - its slow going now,  but I can almost guarantee you after you break through this plateau (with consistency), it'll come off very quickly.

I was weighing myself every day, first thing in the morning, but it got frustrating. I fluctuate about 2 lbs on a regular basis. I can only tell I've actually lost weight when the highs and lows are consistently lower than what they were.

I'm doing well on it.. I've had a green monster a day (leafy green, fruit and protein) for a few weeks now and I think its really helped my skin and digestive system. I haven't lost any weight, but I'm OK with that. Especially if it turns into muscle. :)

I'm focusing on making positive changes to diet, yoga and running speed work - so I've cut down on refined/processed carbs drastically and have suffered with running for it, but I feel better overall. 

• Options
    imageChicklit:

I've had some trouble on maintenance recently. I'm doing okay and haven't gained, but I'm missing sweets much more than I used to. Any one have ideas for healthy sweets in addition to fruit?

Hmm.. you should totally try out making a green monster and see if that satiates you.  It has greens, but you can totally make it taste like a fruit smoothie - and its filling and nutritious.  

In a blender:

1.5 cups greens (spinach or arugula is best - kale is bitter)
    1 banana
    1/4 cup berries of any kind
    ~2 oz coconut milk (I haaaaate regular milk but DH likes his with it)
    3-4 cubes of ice
    1 tbsp nut butter
    .5 scoop chocolate protein powder

Yum.

• Options
    What's your green monster recipe? I'm already doing a protein shake every morning so might as well add some green to it.
  • Options

imageNessia:
    What's your green monster recipe? I'm already doing a protein shake every morning so might as well add some green to it.

Just posted one. :) Also, sometimes I'll add in more fruit (apples or pears usually) to change up taste. I also vary protein based on how hard a workout is.

• Options

Patience is definitely in short supply when it comes to weightloss.  Hang in there, you are doing great!  It will come off eventually if you keep doing the good things.

I'm not sure how much I fluctuate during the day because we dont' have a scale at home so I can only weigh myself at the gym.  I've started going to the gym during lunch.  The problem with that is lunch is the only time I have to do everything I need to do, like run a billion errands, so I only seem to go once a week.  :-(  I am trying hard to go twice a week and then at least one morning on the weekend.  Baby steps.  I am walking in the afternoon/evening as much as I can.  DS usually takes a nap when I get home so that squashes a walk some nights. 

We just started a weightloss club at work and someone brought a scale in.  I'm hoping this will help because it's at work when I want all of the bad stuff!  I weighed in this morning and I was 4.5 lbs lighter than at the gym last Thursday.  I hate how all scales are so different.  I definitely don't believe I've lost 4.5 lbs in less than a week.

• Options

imageOrangeFelt:
    ~2 oz coconut milk

Yum.

Is coconut milk sweeter than regular milk? I'm going to try these after my next grocery store run. I'm thinking for me, I'd like it as sweet as possible Wink

• Options

I'm doing bad. Bad, bad, bad. I haven't weighed myself in a while either.

I have been back at work after nearly a month either off or working from home, and jsut being back in my routine is helping. Now that my kitchen is semi-functional, I also stocked up on healthy foods.

Next steps: Get back into MFP and join a gym. I canclled for money reasons, but DH can kiss my ass. If I want to spend $30 a month to get healthy, I'm gonna do it, damnit. I've always really enjoyed working out at a gym, and I miss it.

• Options

i've been going to new classes at the gym and loving it.  i went to a weight lifting/strength class yesterday and omg...  ouch today!  i definitely need to keep that up if i want to change my body and get stronger!

also- try not to weigh yourself several times a day!  go with once a week!  your weight will fluctuate all week/day etc.  it will just be frustrating to see the same #s over and over.  hang in there- slow and steady wins the race :)

• Options
    imageSaraLouiseBride08:

imageOrangeFelt:
    ~2 oz coconut milk

Yum.

Is coconut milk sweeter than regular milk? I'm going to try these after my next grocery store run. I'm thinking for me, I'd like it as sweet as possible Wink

YES. Especially if you get the vanilla flavored type. Just check and make sure its good with how much sugar you want to intake.  I haven't tried any lowfat coconut milk, so I can't speak to that. I go vanilla and I go full fat (which is still way less than regular milk). :P

• Options
    imageNessia:

How much do y'all fluctuate in weight throughout the day?  I can fluctuate as much as 5lbs in the am compared to pm. I go by the am weight and I'm sticking to that.

This is me too... I can gain 3 pounds from the time I way in the am before the gym and then 2 hours later after the gym... it is ridiculous!

I'm frustrated as well... I'm staying under my calorie goal and exercising regularly and I am no where.... no where.  I don't know why these pounds are so stubborn!  I used to think I was eating too little and starving my body so I've been careful to eat at least 1500 calories but that should not equal starvation... I should be losing!  grrrrr.....

Married October 28, 2006, TTC since March 2009 IUI #1-8 w/ clomid = BFN
    IVF # 1 May, 2011 = BFP!!! Stillbirth at 26 weeks (placental failure/severe IUGR)
    FET #1 February, 2012-- BFP! Beta #1=84 Beta #2= 207 Beta #3= 3,526 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Our Rainbow Baby is on the Way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

i just can't seem to keep myself motivated to eat healthy. i know exactly what i should be eating, i just really want to eat other stuff. like pizza and french fries. yum. i guess it's still me coming off the last year+ where i ate whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted because i was pregnant. and i think i'm still using breastfeeding as an excuse to eat.

i'm holding steady on my weight, but i definitely only weigh myself in the mornings. i can flucuate a good 4-5 pounds from morning to evening, especially when you add in clothes. :)

i really need to get on a better work out routine. it's just so hard finding the time. i can't get up early and work out like i used to becuase ds still doesn't have a reliable waking time, it could be anywhere from 4am-7or later, and i need to be home to feed him. plus i can't work out before feeding him cause my boobs are so full, i'd have to pump and that sounds awful. i'm already pumping at work, i don't want to add more sessions!

wow, that was full of excuses!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am not doing great.  I think I am mega hormonal since quitting BF'ing.  I am sad.  I am just going to be kind to myself and forgive if I fall off the wagon this week.  I am back up to 161... was at 159 last week, I think.  :(
  • Options

OMG! My fitbit has been keeping me on track for not being so sedentary. I've lost 6.5 lbs in the past 3 weeks and haven't exercised except for walking every day. I was getting depressed because Sparky will be 6mo on Friday and I still weighed the same as I did when I left the hospital. 

Oh, and my wedding rings fit today for the first time in about 9 months. I am PUMPED! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagejml5q:

i just can't seem to keep myself motivated to eat healthy. i know exactly what i should be eating, i just really want to eat other stuff. like pizza and french fries. yum. i guess it's still me coming off the last year+ where i ate whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted because i was pregnant. and i think i'm still using breastfeeding as an excuse to eat.

i'm holding steady on my weight, but i definitely only weigh myself in the mornings. i can flucuate a good 4-5 pounds from morning to evening, especially when you add in clothes. :)

i really need to get on a better work out routine. it's just so hard finding the time. i can't get up early and work out like i used to becuase ds still doesn't have a reliable waking time, it could be anywhere from 4am-7or later, and i need to be home to feed him. plus i can't work out before feeding him cause my boobs are so full, i'd have to pump and that sounds awful. i'm already pumping at work, i don't want to add more sessions!

wow, that was full of excuses!

This is exactly me, especially the bolded part.  I rarely get to feed DS in the mornings because I get to work at 7 so I can leave at 4, but I am NOT waking up any earlier than I already do.  I used to love going to the gym in the morning, but that was before I had to get up 2-3 times a night to feed a baby.

Don't feel too bad, at least now you know that you are not alone! :-)  Plus, I don't know about you, but BFing makes me hungry alllll the time.  I am so much hungrier now than I was during pregnancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"