Health & Exercise

Weight loss while married...

Is it just me or does it seem like it's harder to keep the weight off once you're married? And after having kids?

After having 2 children back to back I need to lose 60 lbs. I feel like DH would love to see me thin again (and of course I want to be thin and healthy).

So tomorrow I want to start doing the 30 day shred and I also want to start running again and train for a half marathon (I need a goal and for now that seems doable). I feel so embarrassed that I gained so much weight.

I just thought that I would get this off my chest and get it out there. I'm looking forward to a new and improved body :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight loss while married...

• Hmmm...I don't know. I lost 120 lbs in the first divorce and 215 lbs in the second one ;-) Ba-dum-bum!

(Yes, my first husband seriously only weighed 120 lbs. If that.)

Good luck with your workouts!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes!  I think that is true.  At least for me.  We built our current house (we were the builders) and I gained weight.  The doctors figured out my fertility issues and we got pregnant right away (no time for weight loss).  I gave birth to ds at 24 weeks and before he was out of the nicu I was pregnant with dd (not planned).  I gave birth to her the 26th of September and I have the hardest time working out and losing weight.  This IS the week I get back to the yoga study.  We have family pictures in May and I have about 50 pounds to lose.  I have NEVER been this heavy and it's killing me.  Let me know if you want to be accountability buddies.  And Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's harder if your spouse isn't on board with you.  My husband and I lost over 150 lbs combined since May.  It can be done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's hard. It's super hard. I have been married almost three years and my LO is almost nine months. I think I used to be able to eat and it wouldn't affect me the same, and I think I am eating more out of boredom. 

I want to get this right too. I need to get back to myself! I feel so sad about how I've let myself slip. I just don't even feel sexy anymore.....

Anyways, I guess I am just commiserating with you. No help here. I hope to lose thirty pounds total. I'd be really excited if I could get back to where I was before the wedding.  

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshaindelr:

Hmmm...I don't know. I lost 120 lbs in the first divorce and 215 lbs in the second one ;-) Ba-dum-bum!

(Yes, my first husband seriously only weighed 120 lbs. If that.)

Good luck with your workouts!

Omg. You are hilarious. And thanks!

• imagebeyoga:
    Yes!  I think that is true.  At least for me.  We built our current house (we were the builders) and I gained weight.  The doctors figured out my fertility issues and we got pregnant right away (no time for weight loss).  I gave birth to ds at 24 weeks and before he was out of the nicu I was pregnant with dd (not planned).  I gave birth to her the 26th of September and I have the hardest time working out and losing weight.  This IS the week I get back to the yoga study.  We have family pictures in May and I have about 50 pounds to lose.  I have NEVER been this heavy and it's killing me.  Let me know if you want to be accountability buddies.  And Good Luck!

That is so awesome that you built your house. DH and I are planning on doing the same thing! I also have never been this heavy (I absolutely hate it). For my 21st and 22nd bday I was pregnant so for my 23rd (in June) I want to be looking good. I would love to check in with you!

• imagek.martell:
    I think it's harder if your spouse isn't on board with you.  My husband and I lost over 150 lbs combined since May.  It can be done.

Wow congrats! It's not that my husband isn't supportive but he seriously has the metabolism of a 17 year old boy lol. Also he's a firefighter so he works out all the time so he doesn't need to gain or lose any weight which is great for him.

• imagemikeandjenn:

It's hard. It's super hard. I have been married almost three years and my LO is almost nine months. I think I used to be able to eat and it wouldn't affect me the same, and I think I am eating more out of boredom. 

I want to get this right too. I need to get back to myself! I feel so sad about how I've let myself slip. I just don't even feel sexy anymore.....

Anyways, I guess I am just commiserating with you. No help here. I hope to lose thirty pounds total. I'd be really excited if I could get back to where I was before the wedding.  

I totally understand what you are saying about not feeling sexy anymore... I have actually become insecure which makes me all that more unnattractive in my opinion. I know you can do it :) One day at a time.

• Awww...thanks :-) I'm never sure if I'm hilarious or obnoxious. I'm glad you voted for choice #1.

Seriously, though, running has worked wonders for me. I started out doing Couch to 5K, and now I can run up to 4 1/4 miles without stopping.

I post my running workouts on https://dailymile.com . If you want to find me on there, I'm the only Shaindel. (Apparently, there are not a lot of Jewish runners ;-)

I lift weights, too, because you want to build muscle as well as burn calories. You can do it!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageshaindelr:

Awww...thanks :-) I'm never sure if I'm hilarious or obnoxious. I'm glad you voted for choice #1.

Seriously, though, running has worked wonders for me. I started out doing Couch to 5K, and now I can run up to 4 1/4 miles without stopping.

I post my running workouts on https://dailymile.com . If you want to find me on there, I'm the only Shaindel. (Apparently, there are not a lot of Jewish runners ;-)

I lift weights, too, because you want to build muscle as well as burn calories. You can do it!

Yeah, see I never liked running until recently. My goal is to run a half marathon sometime this year... and it's definitely an achievable goal. I don't want to be stick thin and prefer to be a little more muscular... not manly though. 

I will check that out for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"