Postpartum Depression

How does DH/SO Deal?

Ok everybody heres the problem. 

my  PPD and PPA is getting harder and I really need the support from my SO but he doesnt know how to deal with PPD, he's never been around people with depression in general, and i personally think it scares him a little bit. I told him that he needs to be tolerant of me and help me get through this and he says he diesnt know how. How did your guys' DH/SO cope with your PPD and help you get through the hard times?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How does DH/SO Deal?

• I got lucky, my DH is a mental health counselor, so he never had any problem dealing with my issues. Perhaps finding some resources to educate him a little more on it would help. Or, maybe your doctor could initiate some conversation or know of some resources? I think someone certainly needs to help him to understand how important it is to you do have his support through this. This is a difficult time for you, and after all you've been through (between pregnancy, birth, caring for a newborn, and now PPD/PPA), he needs to be there for you, bottom line.  Good luck, and I hope he comes around and supports you and seeks out the information and help he needs to do that.
  • You need counseling on your own and if you are serious about being with your SO, I also suggest couples counseling.

(DH and I had a session together while I was in counseling for PPD/PPA and it helped him understand what I was battling)

STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX. Getting pregnant again will be detrimental to your mental health and a string of other things. I feel as if you got your life together, you would be a much happier person. 

I'm going to be blunt but, YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THE GREAT ADVICE THAT YOU ARE BEING GIVEN. If you are having "multiple breakdowns a day" (taken from one of your previous posts) you have NO BUSINESS having more babies! (I've seen you fishing on other boards about possibly being pregnant)

STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX. Okay? 

Don't believe in birth control? Keep your legs closed. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"