New to The Bump

Hello - the introduction and such!

I was really happy to discover the boards at The Bump...I feel pretty lost, so I'm hoping to find a supportive community here. Reading your posts have already been helpful!

It wasn't supposed to be easy for me to get pregnant. I have a long history of endometriosis and ovarian cysts. ...but it happened and it's 15 weeks later!

We lead an unconventional city-dwelling life. None of my friends have children or believe in marriage. I've never even been to a single wedding, actually. Our apartment is in a pretty rough area...shootings are a regular occurance around the 'hood. With the news of my pregnancy we are making some goals for the next couple of years, but this is where we'll be for now. I am a waitress at a high volume bar and restaurant...I work three 12 hour shifts/week. It's pretty brutal, but it's how I've been making my money since going on hiatus from being a preschool teacher. Bee (DH) is a full time student.

I'm really excited about the little one, though I've yet to have a prenatal appointment. The medical 'assistance' I had through my job was so bad that I was turned away from my appointment (they freaked when they saw my carrier would only cover $250 of prenatal and birth combined! It was humiliating to say the least), but luckily medicaid has taken me under their wing so I will be able to receive good care through my birth. My first appointment is on Dec. 7, and I'm really just so excited to hear the heartbeat :) That will make me glow and feel much closer.

So far the pregnancy has been really rough on me - I think I've become a walking billboard for every preg-symptom that exists! It even makes me sneeze (?! but I checked! nasal congestion is on the list with a logical explaination). I also get migraines, like whoa, pregnant or not.

Sorry there wasn't more sunshine and roses in this introduction, but I wanted to paint a real picture of where we are right now. We're thrilled...but stressed. Everything will work out - I believe this with all my heart - but with hormones going bonkers I am on high-stress-alert.

Thanks for listening <3

Re: Hello - the introduction and such!

• Welcome : ) h/h 9 months!

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Thank you! Asher is SO handsome, btw, and I really enjoyed reading about how you and your husband re/met - fun story! :D
  • Loading the player...
  • imageABColeslaw:

Welcome : ) h/h 9 months!

Yes

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome!

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"