New Jersey Babies

Ob/gyn recommendation for Overlook or Morristown??

Hi, I'm 12 wks pregnant and am thinking of switching doctors (prefer Overlook but Morristown would be fine too). I've been going to Dr. Hoffman's practice but they have very limited hours and I have yet to meet him because there has been an emergency the last 3 times where he was not available so I saw the midwife. She's very nice, but I really want an ob/gyn who will be there when I need him, and it would be nice to meet him before delivery! I also want someone who will take their time to explain things and be informative as this is my first pregnancy and I don't feel like I should be asking so many questions about the most basic things that a dr. or even midwife should automatically be discussing with his/her newly pregnant patient. Also don't want someone who pushes for unnecessary C-sections and episiotomies. I've also been to Dr. Alam and Dr. Silverberg in the past and was not crazy about either. I would really appreciate any recommendations (and if you could explain what it is you like about your doctor)!! Thanks!

Re: Ob/gyn recommendation for Overlook or Morristown??

• I go to Morristown OBGYN - Dr. Sharafi and I like her.  There are people on here that do not like Morristown OBGYN.  I think it's all personal perspective.  Go with your gut.  Scroll through previous posts too because there are a few with similar topics.  Good Luck!
  • I go to Madison Ave OB/GYN in Morristown. Dr Immateo is great and so is the rest of his staff.
    First Baby image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I second Morristown  OB/GYN.   I have gone for to Dr Daly for over 10 yrs.  The office staff is very friendly and accommodating
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dr. Pregenzer is in Warren but delivers in Overlook (as well as Somerset Medical). I absolutely LOVE him. He is so carrying and spends so much time talking with you.

• Dr. Masterson with Summit Medical Group.  They just moved their office to Berkley Heights but they also have an office in Short Hills and Warren.  I have met with most of the OB/GYN with Summit Medical Group and have liked them all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Sonia&Rui - Great to hear you have had a great experience at Summit Medical Group! (Disclosure, I have gone to the Summit Medical Group since... well, my mom's obstetrician was from The Group and I recently started working here as well) I  go to the Berkeley Heights office now. I'll pass along your kind words to Dr. Masterson!
  • imagesagegirl:
    I second Morristown  OB/GYN.   I have gone for to Dr Daly for over 10 yrs.  The office staff is very friendly and accommodating
    This is where I go as well. Dr Daly actually delivered my twins! There are some dr's I prefer over others, I like the office staff also.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to Lifeline Associates in Springfield who are Overlook affiliated.  I like them because it's a group of four women and you meet all of them.  One is guaranteed to be on call the day you give birth, so you will definitely know your doctor.  
  • If you are willing to make the trip to West Orange, Dr. Purdue and her team were amazing and so supportive:) I had her as a teenager and growing up. I ended up in Bayonne  during my pregnancy and I still went back to that practice. 
  • Hi! I too am 12 weeks and I also go to Dr Hoffman. He is really wonderful, I wouldn't leave him.  If you can, try and meet him before you switch. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"