Success after IF
Options

Sell me on a Nap Nanny

Julia has a little bit of reflux.  It is enough that when she lays flat she is constantly moaning and kicking and swallowing that I wake up every 30 seconds thinking she needs to eat.

She is still an armpit sleeper (yes, we cosleep) and that elevates her head some, but I would like to transistion her soon out of my arms and into the cosleeper.  I have a wedge I can use, but I am intrigued by the nap nanny (and there is one on CL right now for $40).

Why did you love it or hate it?  Where did you keep it?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sell me on a Nap Nanny

• Options
    haven't used them, want one....buy it! and then sell it to me when you're done ;-)
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could try a FP rock n play..that's what we used, best $50 I spent on him.  I pulled it right next to our bed so that I could reach out and rock/touch him whenever he stirred, but he was in his own safe place and the angle really helped with his reflux!
  • Options

So, if I bought a used one, I would need to make sure it had the D ring or was made after 2010 I guess. Hmmmmm.

Also, you aren't supposed to use it in cribs but that is where the deaths occurred.  Must look into it more. 

• Options
    I would get a rock n play. You will LOVE it!  Baby will LOVE it! $50 and folds for easy stoage too.
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    There is a rock n play on CL for $25... How tall is it?  My bed is super high and I am not wanting to jump out of bed every time the baby stirs.  For when we are awake, she sleeps famously in her snugabunny swing. So I am really just looking for sleeping options at night. Any other ideas?  Clearly the nap nanny can't go in the crib like I originally thought.
  • Options

imageGermanwife2b:
    There is a rock n play on CL for $25... How tall is it?  My bed is super high and I am not wanting to jump out of bed every time the baby stirs.  For when we are awake, she sleeps famously in her snugabunny swing. So I am really just looking for sleeping options at night. Any other ideas?  Clearly the nap nanny can't go in the crib like I originally thought.

It measures about about 22 inches off the ground.  You can lean over your bed and rock it and the baby will go right back to sleep!  I would totally get one for $25.  If you hate it you could turn around and sell it again.

imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How about an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper? We had that and loved it. Also, you can buy extenders for the legs to make it taller.
  • Options
    I have the cosleeper- but it is flat, so that won't solve the reflux issues.  My DH made extenders for it to match the height of our bed. At this point in time, it makes a great diaper and wipes holder!!
  • Options
    Another vote for the rock and play! Lydia smoothly transitioned from being an armpit sleeper to a sound sleeper in the rock and play. I love it so much I haven't even set up the arms reach this time around! . Wish they had it when eliza was tiny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageGermanwife2b:
    I have the cosleeper- but it is flat, so that won't solve the reflux issues.  My DH made extenders for it to match the height of our bed. At this point in time, it makes a great diaper and wipes holder!!

Oh bummer. I suppose it wouldn't help with that. 

• Options
    Our LO's slept in Nap Nannies exclusively for their first 3months.  We brought them home from the hospital with the intention of sleeping them in the twin PnP, but they screamed bloody murder when they were flat on their backs.  First night in the nap nannies was the first night they slept!  Best $120 (x2!) I spent!  The FP  Rock & Play hadn't come out yet, so I can't speak to those. 
    TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Those that you can buy now are not recalled. Those were the old ones. Personally, I did not like ours at all. It's very wide so the baby doesn't feel snuggly. It's actually not for overnight sleeping but we did do some of that. If the sides were higher and it wasn't as wide it might be great but Ana was scared to be in it. Her bouncer was a better option because the material kind of cradled her whereas the nap nanny does not.
  • Options
    imageGypsyEsq:

I heard that too 

• Options

Get the Rock N Play! Seriously the best product on the market!

You can stick your foot out of the bed and rock it ;)

We got a Nap Nanny for DS2 because he had horrible reflux......I was not impressed at all. He slid to the side all the time and slid down it. We used it for like a week. I never felt safe enough letting him sleep in it unless I was right there.

The Rock N Play is approved for sleeping and is much less expensive.

I know there were a couple stories of babies dying in the Nap Nanny (one was right near us....) and I can see why (for the above reasons I mentioned......baby slides down/rolls into sides of it....)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For $40 you CAN'T go wrong....buy it. My twins love it (but they don't have reflux) but they refuse to sit in anything other than the nap nanny.  They hate swings and bouncer seats.  We love the nap nanny just to hang out in!

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"