New York Babies
Options

Did anyone deliver at Beth Israel

Hi Ladies,

Did anyone recently deliver at Beth Israel?What was your experience?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did anyone deliver at Beth Israel

• Options

I delivered at Beth Israel 8 weeks ago and had a great experience.  I was a little concerned beforehand because I hadn't heard of anybody giving birth there but there was no reason for concern.  The nurses was nice and extremely helpful for the two nights that I was there.  Every morning there is a breastfeeding class and a lactation consultant who comes to your room for a one on one visit afterwards.  

My best advice is to try and get a room with a private bathroom and use the nurses to learn everything that you can before leaving and make sure they pack you a bag of essentials before you leave.  Good luck:)

A
  • Options
    Thank you! I'm hoping to get a Deluxe room, but I understand they only have two... I will definitely need to get all the education I can get,I'm a FTM.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you pick Beth Israel over others for any specific reason? My husband and I are trying to pick an OBGYN & hospital. Did you take tours? thanks!
  • Options

My doctor and everyone in her practice is affiliated with BI, so I did not have a choice (I love my doctor_

I did the tour as well as I took the child care class in the hospital.I like the fact, that they advocate skin to skin contact with newborns and also breast feeding.

As for the hospital tour, it was great to see the L&D floor, the postpartum and the nursery.I've never been to any other hospital in NYC (or anywhere else in the US) if the facilities are nice or average or below...

• Options

I am a FTM too and the nurses made sure that I was comfortable with everything before I left.  They are great teachers but also push you to do things by yourself so you get the hang of things before you leave.

Hopefully you get the deluxe room:)  Even though there are only 2, it didn't seem to be an issue for me.  Surprisingly it was a busy day and there was still one available.  

A
  • Options
     Thanks Grover1995!Fingers crossed...May I ask who your doctor is or who delivered your baby?  
  • Options
    My doctor is Dr. Jacquline Brown but another doctor in the practice delivered my baby.  I believe her name was Rothenburg.  
    A
  • Options
    Thanks!I was secretly hoping it was someone from my doctor's practice.
  • Options

Is it me or the nurses are extremely cheerful and happy? The tour was today and I feel better now.

D&L is on the 4th floor. And yes, they do have pillows, but you should bring your own. They have squat bar, labor ball and two different position-friendly bed. Locker is tall and narrow, so bring only essentials, in my opinon.

Postpartum & the nursery are on the 5th floor. Regular room (2 beds) are quiet small, I think. No guests are allowed to sleep there after visiting hours (11-8pm if I recall correctly) Private room is a little better (think regular room with only one bed) but extra $450 per night. Deluxe room is $550 per night, but it comes with a large TV, refrig and a private bathroom with shower (I didn't get to see this room.) These extra costs are not covered by insurance.

If you have a virginal birth, you get to stay 2 midnights and C-section will be 3 midnights.

Food...well...what do you expect? It's a hospital standard, if you ask me. After all it's only for 2-3 nights. ;)

If you like your doctor, I think the experience will be ok. ((crossing fingers))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"