Military Families
Options

AD and TTC ....

DH and I are AD and TTC. Once we are expecting I dont want to announce to the world that we are, but I can see one issue arising. I will have to go to "sick call" to confirm the pregnancy to receive my physical profile and receive medical care. Once my command knows I have made that step I *know* everyone else will know we are expecting bc 1) my battalion is majorly gossipy 2) DH and I are both in the same battalion and word will travel fast & I dont want family hearing it from facebook.

I may be jumping the gun with these thoughts, but how soon is the first appt? If its later would it be harmful to me or baby to continue doing regular PT instead of going straight to sick call?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: AD and TTC ....

• Options
    Things move ridiculously fast, unfortunately. I rcvd a call from public health the am after my serum pregnancy test,and an email congratulating me from my commander that afternoon and a pregnancy profile the next am. Regular pt as long as its not a crazy ruck march shouldn't hurt the baby. Good luck!
    33 yo, DH with MFI Iui x4, Dec 2009 to Jan2011 all BFN.... IVF May 2011 BFP, mc June 2011 at 6.5 weeks, FET Oct 2011 BFP! Sweet baby girl born 25 June 2012** started adoption process Feb 2010, approved Oct 2010, failed match in delivery rooms Feb & Aug 2011... Birthmom called back 3d after we returned home. Aug 26 2011, our sweet baby boy comes home for good!!
  • Options

I did regular PT early on.  You can even keep running as long as your doc says it's ok.  I had to stop around 12 weeks because I felt like my uterus was going to fall out, but I have friends who ran well into their 3rd trimesters. 

I know a lot of people like to kep quiet on pregnancies until after the 1st trimester, but it's a little hard to do that when you are in the military.  I knew my entire unit would know as soon as I let my command know.  As soon as I walked out of the office, I went down and told my squad leader who then made the announcement to everyone. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I hope this was in reference to a friend and not you:

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/61575664.aspx 

30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    imageLemonLover33:

Insert shocked face here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am not AD, but when I was pregnant I was in a position where I had to carry a gun ( I was law enforcement). Based on the practices at work I was required to tell my employer the second I knew I was pregnant because of liability reasons. Everyone at work knew because I was on desk duty and no longer arming up. I turned my wall off on facebook and really didn't post anything for a few months. I didn't want to tell anyone until we told my parents/family at 8 weeks. It worked out fine. The health of my child was more important to me then keeping everything super top secret.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLace&Josh:
    imageLemonLover33:

Insert shocked face here.

No no no no and no. NOT about me ... What a random link to post on *this* thread 

• Options

imagemeganroselee:
    Things move ridiculously fast, unfortunately. I rcvd a call from public health the am after my serum pregnancy test,and an email congratulating me from my commander that afternoon and a pregnancy profile the next am. Regular pt as long as its not a crazy ruck march shouldn't hurt the baby. Good luck!

Well I have a P2 profile saying no running, ruck or sit ups bc of my hips so I think I am good in that area. 

• Options

Once you get the confirmation, they do everything right away.  I didn't get my first actual  appointment until 11 weeks though (there was a briefing with about 20 other pregnant women that lasted a few hours a couple weeks prior to that though). 

If anyone who has a need-to-know about your medical condition or profile gossips about your pregnancy, that is a HIPAA violation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

When I found out I was pregnant...I took a pregnancy test at home. Told my NCOIC and went to sick call..they did the blood work. Someone called me back. I only told my NCOIC that I was pregnant at the time because I didnt know if I wanted to continue the pregnancy :(  (I did)

but then depending on your base you have to go to pregnancy pt...and once you stop going to pregnancy pt...everyone eventually figures it out...

My commander didnt know until I told them...I dont know if the hospital can tell them because of hippa or whatever the patient confidentiality thing.  But it would be in the babys best interest to tell them so that they dont have you doing anything crazy...

first appt for me was at 6 or 8 weeks I think.

If you knew better, you'd do better.
  • Options
    imagepesci12:

Once you get the confirmation, they do everything right away.  I didn't get my first actual  appointment until 11 weeks though (there was a briefing with about 20 other pregnant women that lasted a few hours a couple weeks prior to that though). 

If anyone who has a need-to-know about your medical condition or profile gossips about your pregnancy, that is a HIPAA violation. 

I didn't mean gossip as much as I mean everyone knows everyone so pregnancy news will fly. I am in the company that has the medics so once I go in and have pregnant on a piece of paper there won't be stopping that news. I am not saying its right, but that's how it is.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"